How could I be so ungrateful?

I was always given good advice and direction as a child. I had a family that was by no means perfect, but whose is? However, through all the chaos and sleepless nights caused by me and my actions. Although, my parents may of felt hopeless at times and even been extremely frustrated with me, they never once gave up on me.

At a point I wasn't able to take ownership of anything wrong I did. Of course, I knew I did a lot of horrible and irresponsible things even from a young age. To a degree some of this behavior is to be expected especially as a child. But I would always blame my issues on everything else, my favorite outlet to blame my problems on was my father.

Dad, worked alot. The man did everything in his power to make sure we had all of our needs and more taken care of. And that's exactly what he did. He went above and beyond and has managed to run a highly successful construction business since 1976. Starting off in residential construction and working his way up to being a Federal & State General Contractor.

Anyways, to say the least I took the major advantage I had in life for granted. I never wanted for anything and was a spoiled to put it lightly. My parents did everything they could to try an help me with my behavior issues, drug abuse, Mental Illness. However, I had to learn the hard way.

I put myself through alot of pain, struggle and chaos, that could've been avoided. I can only imagine if I had stayed steadily employed with my father's company, where I would be by now? It's no telling. But, that's the past and something I can't change. I don't think I was put here in this earth to be a construction worker anyways. Although, I do enjoy it, I think I'm meant to help people.