THE ENDING.

massive spoilers ahead obviously, if you don't want to know you don't have to read !!

also please don't attack me i'm sorry

ok but like i went through a few endings ! so i guess you can choose your alternate ending ? number 3 was the one i was going to do lmao

bUT OKAY

ending 1 - the happy ending ! jakob wakes up, forgives ethan, jethan becomes real, the band is okay and everyone lives happily ever after !! i didn't choose this because it seemed too predictable and this is an angst fanfic IF YOU CAME FOR A HAPPY ENDING YOURE NOT GONNA GET ONE sorry

ending 2 - jakob's life support gets pulled, he dies. ethan and chris would go on to be a duo, 2/3 of in stereo. keeping the band name in honour of their fellow bandmate. ethan falls into depression, chris tries to help him ?

AGAIN, stereotypical. WE CANT DO THAT !!
so then (s/o to anzu for helping me with this)
the ultimate tragedy of all tragedies aka ending three, the final ending, i actually didnt want to do this but then it was a good idea so i stuck with it no one was expecting this oof

ending three (u ready) -

the doctors tell ethan and chris that they're pulling jakob off life support because he has a .5% chance of living.

ethan runs out of the hospital back to chris' apartment because he blames himself for what happened to him and he couldnt bear the thought of seeingg him die.

back at the hospital, the doctors are about to pull jakob off life support, chris is there with him, holding jakobs hand

he feels a squeeze, and looking down he sees that jakobs hand is moving

he tells the doctors to stop before they turn off the ls. jakob wakes up. (NOW BITCH THIS IS WHERE IT GOT ME OKAY WAIT)

jakob and chris have a conversation about ethan, jakob asks where he is because he wants to forgive him. chris tries to call ethan but he isnt picking up so chris goes back to the apartment.

upon arrival, a crowd of people, including police and emergency services, and he starts pushing through the crowd of people.

chris sees ethans body being zipped placed into a body bag. ethan had jumped off the apartment complex because of the guilt and pain that he felt. he had died not knowing that jakob woke up.

chris immediately drives back to the hospital to tell jakob.

running inside and to jakobs room, he found that it was empty. jakobs bed had been moved.

he runs out and sees jakobs doctor, calls him over and asks for an explaination.

jakob had suffered a heart attack and died.

chris feels the weight of the lost lives of his two best friends who literally died a few minutes apart.

(sorry)

fast forward a few months. chris has fallen into depression. the fans were still devastated at the loss of 2/3 of their favourite band. chris was broken, had no motivation to live. he ended up shooting himself, leaving a letter which stated that he couldnt bear living without his brothers.

more years pass, three brothers buried beside each other and fans always come to leave flowers and photos at their graves. theyre in heaven together now, and theyve forgiven each other, the bond of the band in life and in death

!!

SORRY DONT HURT ME IM SORRY

ok that last ending wouldve been so good if i actually wROTE IT DAMN BITCH

also no one steal this plot pls this is my work ! you can be inspired by this but DO NOT STEAL THIS PLEASE

anyways yeah thats the ending !! i hope u enjoyed ? thank you !