30: irl

"This is it! Today's the day!" Valerie said happily, practically bouncing in her seat on my bed. 

"Yeah." I mumbled, going around my room to make sure there weren't any dirty clothes laying out, cleaning up anything to make my room presentable.

To say that I was nervous was an understatement, I was more than nervous. The last time I saw Wyatt we weren't on speaking terms, I was more than upset because of the things that Ellie said in the group chat, then the comments I was getting on my Instagram post. If I knew it was such a huge deal to post those pictures, I'd have never done it.

"Are you alright, Col?" Valerie asked, and I stopped picking up my room for a moment to look at her.

"Of course, why?"

"Nothing. You seem out of it. You know you're not obligated to wear a bra, right?" She said, and I knew she was going to keep bugging me until I talked to her about what was wrong. But I really didn't want to talk about it. Not to her, or anyone.

"Has anyone texted you telling you how close they were to being here?" I changed the subject, turning away from her as I finished cleaning up the small mess in my room.

"No. They text you more than me, obviously because Wyatt knew you for a while and I think they just find it awkward to talk to me." Valerie replied.

"You're in the group chat, it's not awkward for them." I simply said, sitting down at my desk.

"Well still. You should check your phone to see if they're almost here or what," Valerie said. "I'm really hungry." 

"You're always hungry," I said. "And the last text I got was from the group chat which you saw, so they must be on the plane still. It should be landing anytime soon now. I guess since they're still on it and they have about a fifteen to thirty minute drive to my house we could see if we can go to the store and get some snacks and finish setting up for our movie night tonight?" Valerie nodded with a smile before jumping off of my bed and walking toward the door.

Grabbing my phone, I turned it off completely as we made our way downstairs to where my mom was in the kitchen baking goodies for Wyatt and the others.

"Hey mom?" I asked, shoving my phone into my pants pocket.

"Yes, honey?" She asked, turning away from the cookie batter and toward me.

"Val and I wanted to know if we could get some snacks from the dollar store down the street, to set up in the Theater Room for our movie night tonight." I said, leaning against the counter.

She nodded, turning back to the cookies. "My purse is in my room, you know where I keep it. Only take fifteen dollars though, I need the rest of the money for something else." She answered, and I nodded before walking down the hall and to my mom's room. After grabbing the amount she told me to, I walked upstairs to my room and grabbed my wallet, shoving the money in there and making my way back downstairs to where Valerie was patiently waiting on me.

We said goodbye, walking out of the house and along the sidewalk quietly.

"Are you sure you haven't gotten any texts from the others?" Valerie questioned after a few moments of silence, and I looked over at her.

"No." I said, turning my face away from her and back at the sidewalk in front of us.

Of course I have. Jack and Wyatt had been spamming me, which was why I shut my phone off in the first place. I knew for a while they weren't able to talk, which was right after I disabled the comments on my Instagram post, but I also knew the moment they noticed I did that they'd message me.