Clarissa Fairchild. Oh Goody.

Start from the beginning

I studied my last gift from Hestia. It was the gift that helped me transfer from Percy Jackson to Noctis Bane. And first time in centuries, since I had first received this gift, I smiled. More like an uplifting of the corners of my mouth, but it certainly made Uncle happy. He grinned . . . that is until Clary spoke.

"Now it's your turn to pay up." I grimaced, she's gonna be pissed.

"I wish I could retrieve your memories, but I no longer have them." I let Magnus take the heat, so he glared at me. I just raised an eyebrow saying, 'and?'.

"What? Where are they?" Clary, luckily for Uncle Magnus, looked more like in disbelief than anger.

"We fed them to a memory demon for safe keeping," I explained with boredom in my eyes. Why can't we just go already?

"Why the hell would you do that?" I growled. No one talks to my family like that. Blondie looks at me with fear. He should, I have quite the reputation with the whole 'no mercy' and 'cruel' thing.

Uncle quickly cut in and said with a tone that obviously meant 'duh', " To protect Clary and the Cup."

"If Valentine ever captured us, he could torture Clary's memories out of us, just like he tortured Dot-" but then I was rudely cut off.

"Torture?" Clary must have been close with our fellow Warlock. "Wait, is Dot okay?"

Uncle Magnus looked hesitant to answer, but i've delivered this message many times before. "Dot is dead."

". . . What? How do you know?"

"I can't feel her magic anymore. Valentine killed her because she would not betray your mother."

"Oh my God . . ."

I know that face, Uncle. Don't do it, don't you dare- "Come with me Clary." He did it. "My lair can offer you protection no Shadowhunter ever could." Blondie scoffed.

"Do you doubt us, Blondie?" No one disrespects me or my Warlock relatives.

Before Blondie could answer, Clary did it for him. "No. No, i'm not going anywhere with you!"

"Thank the angel. I think we just dodged a bullet here Uncle Magnus." Magnus gave me a look and I just shrugged my shoulders.

Uncle looks back at Clary and says with a slight smile," Don't be a fool."

"Too late for that." Yet again, i'm ignored.

"Your mother would want you to live."

"Then help me get my memories back from whatever demon you gave them too."

"Valentine is hunting you too." This is getting annoying, so I cut in, " And every moment we're outside the lairs protection is a moment Valentine closer to finding us." I say the last sentence with venom to prove the point. Uncle Magnus then decides that enough time has been given and makes a portal. He holds out his hand to Clary.

"Come with us." She looks to Blondie and he shakes his head firmly. " I won't offer again." Uncle is starting to get annoyed.

"No." By the Angel, she's dumber than a box of rocks. We have MAGIC for Hades sake! "No, I won't hide from my problems, and neither should either of you-"

"LOOK OUT!" Suddenly, a man behind us drops with an arrow sprouting out from his chest. A Nephilim child with a bow in hand climbs down the stairs. Blondie starts taking out his glowy sword . . . reminds me of Riptide. Uncle's attention is on something else though. As the dark haired Nephilim archer looks over the body he just struck, Uncle stares. Here we go again.

"Who are you?" Seems like Uncle has another infatuation. Why the Nephilim? He has looks, I'll give him that. But . . . Nephilim. I tap on Uncle's shoulder again in Morse code. Distracted, leave. Uncle walks through the portal and I after him . . . until Clary catches my arm.

"Hey, wait! You're my only hope!" Hope? She must be delusional.

I flash her my Warlock eyes. "Hope is not in my vocabulary, Clarissa Fairchild." I yank my arm from her grasp and was half-way through the portal.

"Wait! Who are you?"

"Didn't Blondie tell you, Miss Fairchild? I am Noctis Bane, Nephew of Magnus Bane, and the High Warlock of Brooklyn. It be best to stay out of my way, Nephilim."

And i'm gone.

BTW - Noctis' Warlock eyes (Like Magnus' real eyes)