"Screw you" my mom whispered as they started dragging her away.

I heared them search the room and shove and pull the drawers. I covered my mouth to stop myself from crying out loud.

Someone yanked the closet door and I gasped. They're gonna find me!

I woke up sweating ang panting. I glanced at the bedside table and it reads 2:37 am. Ugh! I couldn't sleep again. I gripped the necklace mom gave me on that horrible day and felt my eyes swell. I miss her so much. I wish she was here... I wish she didn't do that, I wish that--

I wiped the leaked tears on the side of my face and went to get off the bed. I went to stir a coffee and picked up the book about mates.
Well, this is going to be a long day.

I yawned as I stretched my arms while sitting on the daycare's bench. I'm fully aware of my lack of sleep now and I think my body's gonna collapse from tiredness. I trained myself earlier and did some runs. I should have controlled myself and didn't push myself too hard. I glanced at the kids playing and smiled. I wish they'll stay kids forever, so that they wouldn't have to deal the burden of life.

My eyes closed and I struggled to maintain them open...I should look out for the kids, but my worn out body won.

I jumped up as a girl yelled from the playground. I ran and went there as fast as I can. She was kneeling and the swing is moving back and forth. She might had fallen! She looked up and I recognize her as Sophie.

"Hey sweety, are you okay? Come let me take a look"

Her blue tear stained eyes stared at me as she stretched her scratched knee. It's a big wound but it's slowly healing.

I offered her a smile and put her wounded knee on my lap. It's a good thing I have a small medical kit on my bag.

"Shush, don't cry honey...look at it! It's a very small wound. I'm sure you're a very strong girl and this is nothing"

I smiled sweetly at her as I hurriedly pulled out the medical kit.

"Does the wound hurt?"

I can see she was trying to be brave and stopped herself from crying. The other kids went to look at us and they formed a small circle. She shaked her head no and she was staring straight at the wound.

"Kids, can you call Sally to go over here? Sophie needs a little help"

Sally is the other girl who is encharge of the kids snack. I started cleaning her wound with a cotton ball and antiseptic. She hissed but I noticed she was trying to be strong and tough. I am proud of her.

"Look Sophie! The wound is healing! Oh how brave you are! I'm so proud of you"

For the first time since she fall she finally smiled. I smiled at her encouragely and the other kids who are left to watch whispered encouraging words to Sophie.

"What the hell Rose? You are supposed to look out for the kids! An accident like this shouldn't had happened on your watch!" Sally exclaimed as she scowl at me. She helped Sophie stand up and when I was about to help, she swat my hand away.

"You're not needed here. I'll make sure this will come to the Alpha. You're not doing you're job well! You aren't supposed to just sit around and make yourself comfortable! I'll make sure you'll pay for the  consequences" She starts to walk to the daycare and I hurriedly followed her. I softly grabbed her hand and whispered...

"Wait Sally! Please don't report me to the Alpha. I swear I didn't mean it, I'm sorry...I was just sleepy and I didn't know th--"

"Save it Rose, you've done enough for today. Go home!"

She walks inside with Sophie and the other kids trailing behind.

I let out a sigh and went to sit on a bench. Sally is uh, well she doesn't really like me. She often scowl, frown or glare at me. I get that from a lot of people.

There's nothing I can do if they hate me. Since Sally doesn't want to see me, might as well that I'll go to the pack house.

I looked at the clock and it reads 11:02 am, I went to the living room and borowed a book. I sat on the couch and started reading. I was softly laughing when I smelt his scent. I glanced up and found him on the stairs staring at me. My heart raced at the sight of him. His face is blank from any emotions, not that it surprised me anymore. He broke our stare and glanced down.

"Oh Alpha...I--I borrowed a book and I hope you don't mi--"

"No it's fine, continue reading" Just like that he went upstairs. I hope the issue at the daycare didn't reached him yet. He'll be mad at me again.

I glanced at the clock and it reads 11:49 am, it's almost lunch and I know packmates would head here anytime soon.

I went to the kitchen and saw that the foods are almost ready. I helped set the table and helped carry the foods. The big table is where mostly the soldiers and those who are ranked eat. I only eat here in the kitchen. I was almost done wiping the table when Doris called me over, she's another assigned elder here in the kitchen.

"Hey Rose, can you give this to the Alpha upstairs? He's been busy and he wants his lunch on his office. The kitchen is really busy right now and I have to help set things up. The pack is here and we're not done setting the foods yet and I need to help them here"

My pulsed raced as I stared blankly at what she is carrying. I froze and just stopped like a mannequin. I can't bring that to him...it's just that...he'll be pissed again if he'll see me. What if the incident at the daycare reached him? Would he be mad!? I can't really endure more pain from him...

"Come on dear, we don't got much time! Here take this and-"

I know it was truly rude but I cut her off...

"I-I...c-c-can't Doris...maybe Kelly could bri--"

"Don't be lazy, we all got jobs to do! You just need to bring this to him! What's the problem with that?"

Her frown and scowl made me anxious. What choice do I have?

I silently nod and took the tray meekly. I cast my eyes down and silently went upstairs.

----------------

This is so far my longest chapter and I hope you like it 😊😊😊
And btw, the chapter 3 was supposed to be uploaded last week but I had trouble with the connection 😊

The next update would be longer too 😊 I hope... I'll try to update as much as I could!

Thanks for reading 😄