"Wow that's better than I could ever do. You would have kept going if I had let you."

Frowning not liking his running time he simply nodded.

"Now what," he asked knowing the day wasn't over since it had barely begun and Jesse had made a point of telling Marty not to expect them back.

"We go visit Mark and the other friend of yours."

"Dresden," he mumbled.

"Yeah him. Come on, I doubt you've talked to them since the accident.

He realized that he hadn't and it did shame him a bit.

"So, show me where their barracks are."

Directing her down one street, up another and around a corner they soon found themselves at a rather boring metal building.

"Definitely needs a lady's touch," Jesse commented absently.

Gage groaned, "Enough ladies visit without it looking like a tea room."

Smirking she let Gage lead the way although she opened the doors for him.

They found Mark in his room watching a tiny tv on his desk. It was a lousy way to spend a day let alone months when you had no work or anything else to distract you.

Marks legs were the only things that suffered, but seemed to be healing, there was more shiny spots than crusted skin and that was a good thing.

They talked for a little bit then both men went in search of Dresden. The kid looked up apologetically to Gage, but it wasn't long before all three began kidding around and had some good natured razzing for each other.

After an hour of that Jesse told the other two to get dressed that they were all going out.

Dresden had never met Jesse so he followed her request without thought. Mark on the other hand shared a look with Gage, wondering what the devil was going on?

He shrugged at his buddy and mouthed, "Just go with it".

The kid wore his pt clothes like Gage had, because they were soft and didn't touch as much of his burned skin.

Mark wore a t-shirt and cargo shorts showing off his badly scarred legs.

All three climbed in Jesse's sedan and she took off. "I'm going to stop at the grocery store to get a few things and then we'll head out, ok?"

Again they nodded.

Quickly she ran in leaving them in the car while she gathered soda's three roasted chickens, a French bread loaf, some chips and dips and of course the ingredients for oreo pie.

They arrived at her apartment a half-hour later. Gage had never been and didn't know where he was until she told him.

Everyone climbed out Mark was the only one who could help carry the groceries though, and he did so as they entered the front door on the ground floor and walked up the stairs just inside.

"This is nice," Mark commented a few minutes later.

"Not bad, especially the tv," said Dresden, his eyes fixated on the flat screen. "Can I live here," he whined?

Jesse laughed.

"I'm going to get ya'll going with something to eat and snacks to follow. While I'm doing that feel free to snoop, channel surf or watch a movie and just relax."

Mark claimed the lazy boy which propped his legs up perfectly. He released a satisfied sigh the minute it went into recliner mode.

Gage shared the sofa with Dresden propping their feet up on the coffee table.

Jesse gave everyone some tea and then set their plates of chicken, french bread and potato salad within reach. Chips and dip were set out as well. Then she began making the dessert which would inevitably follow.

The boys talked, bitched, whined and poked fun at each other for the remainder of the day, they even broke out a few of her old video games and attempted to play them. Unfortunately Gage's hands wouldn't let him so he sat and watched the other two.

Groans of happiness could be heard the minute the oreo pie was brought out. Josh, or Dresden as they called him had never had it before, but was thrilled at the thought of digging in.

Around nine-thirty that night, Jesse called it an evening and took them back.

"Thanks for letting me tag along, I had a great time," Josh was exhausted, but grinning from ear to ear as he got out of the car.

Mark nodded, "That was wonderful, especially the dessert."

Jesse giggled, "Good I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. Goodnight."

They waved once more before disappearing into the barracks.

Her last stop, she got out of the car to lead Gage into the house.

Placing her hand on his neck as they stopped in the entry way, she wanted to hug him, but had to settle for touching him in the one place she could see wasn't burned. "It's late you need to sleep and then when you get up in the morning I want you to go for a walk. Get out of the house and just walk, no running. Do you hear me?"

A grin filled his face, "I hear you."

Answering with a smile she nodded her head sharply, "Good. Now if you want, need anything or are just bored, you call me. And stop picking on your poor cousin, she's worried about you, so play nice."

Again he nodded not knowing how she knew, but realizing how badly he had been treating Marty.

"Good night Gage, tell Marty I'll call her tomorrow."

"Night Jesse."

She left and Gage felt lost. It occurred to him that he didn't want her to leave.

Turning to lock the front door he went to check on Marty.

After a quick slap on the door he heard her shuffling to get up and open it.

"You're home," she said nervously, uncertain of his mood.

"Yeah, I had a good time."

"Where'd you go?"

"Barbershop," he said running his open hand across his head, "then a quick work out, after that I saw O'Connor and Dresden."

A smile filled Marty's face, "I'm so glad, how are they?"

"Better than me, I think." Ducking his head in shame he whispered, "Marty I'm so sorry, I've been an ass."

Tears slipped from her eyes, "It's ok Gage, I know this has been and still is hard to deal with. When you're all better I'll give you a big hug. Ok?"

He nodded, "Never thought I'd say this, but I miss being touched."

Marty offered a sympathetic murmur. "I know."

Gage sighed, "I'm tired, think I'll turn in, night Marty love you."

She hadn't heard those words in six weeks and grinned happily. "Love you too."