chapter seventeen ❧ aftermath

Start from the beginning

"would you kids all like to come over to our house?" sadie's mom asked.

"mom," sadie replied with a tone of annoyance in her voice because caleb couldn't come.

"no it's fine, my parents will be here with me," caleb reassured her with a small smile.

sadie rolled her eyes and told her mom that we will meet her outside.

she nodded and left the room.

"are you sure bud?" gaten asked.

"yes i'm su- i am sure," he was interrupted by sadie giving him a hug.

"i'll come back tomorrow morning babe. you're coming too mills, right? " sadie asked looking at me.

a small part of me was smiling and wanted to "make fun" of sadie for saying babe because i hadn't heard her say it to caleb before, but i held back so she wouldn't get mad.

but i already brought a lot of my stuff to sadie's house like it was planned to tell on ross, so of course i was going.

i just nodded and asked, "do you guys know where finn is?"

sadie shook her head and we left caleb's room as his parents went in after us.

walking out we saw finn sitting on a hospital bed.

"finn?" i walked over and sat next to him.

"oh hey guys, sorry i just came out here because uh-"

"what the fuck did you do to your leg?!" gaten asked.

i looked as his leg, and saw dry red blood with stitches and scars. 

i looked up at finn

"it's nothing really," he replied, scratching the back of his neck a little.

although he looked weak, i couldn't help but admire his jawline mid-looking at finn.

then i looked him straight in the eye, "finn. . .did you get shot?"

after hesitation he nodded a little.

"the doctor said it wasn't major though, it barely went far in my leg, uhm, she said i was lucky," finn spoke softly.

"and you don't think to tell us? ugh whatever at least you're okay, come on we are going to my house," sadie said with attitude and starting walking out with gaten.

"millie i'm sor-" before he could finish his sentence i hugged him.

"i'm glad you're okay," i replied with a small smile, although i was hurt he didn't say anything.

"finn got shot in the leg, holy shit," kept running through my mind at least twenty times.

when i pulled away finn took my hand in his, "so you aren't mad or anything?" he asked me.

"well yeah i'm mad, you didn't say anything and who the heck does that," i replied looking at our hands.

he pulled his hand from mine and put his arm around me, making my head rest on his shoulder which made me blush a little.

"i guess i just didn't wanna seem like a crybaby when everything was happening with caleb," he admitted.

i just rolled my eyes and smiled- finn was the farthest from a crybaby, but at least he was okay.

"guys we are going!" sadie shouted from outside, interrupting something finn was saying.

we both got up quickly and walked a little fast to the door- for some reason it was scary when sadie yelled.