It was only Just A Dream.

I awoke in an unfamiliar bed sweating and panting. I ran to the closest window, or shall I say, bullet-proof glass wall, and looked out. Everything was normal. People weren't limping and moaning hoping to find some live person to devour. I looked around and saw that the whole place was empty except this bed. All glass walls. I saw no door. I heard a voice say, "Welcome. You guys are awake now. You are in a training room."

I scanned every wall. I looked up and saw an intercom. Duh. All of a sudden there was a change of scenery. A table rose from the ground with a bow and arrow on it. I scanned the walls forest scenery and there were animals running around playfully. I named on deer Bambi. Haha.

I also named one rabbit Thumper. When I looked closely, I saw Spencer standing in the distance with a sword in his hands, confused as he was, I saw me too and mouthed my name. It looked like he was shouting but I couldn't hear him. I started running towards him and ran into the wall.

I felt the wall and looked for a door. I felt a knob on the fake tree and opened it. I started again, once toward Spencer and met him. I took my bow and arrow and aimed at Spencer. I let the arrow fly out of the bow and straight through Spencer. It was a hologram. A pretty realistic hologram.

There was another change of scenery. I looked at the roof and saw my target, Lydia. I looked for the hologram of Lydia and spotted the blonde behind a rock. Her curly ponytail, cheerleader style, flew from side to side as she ran behind rocks and hills. I aimed my arrow and shot.

I missed. She met a grassy plain and stopped right in the middle. I shot an arrow another time but she ducked. I shot at her torso with as much aim as I could mister and shot. Her hologram fell. I heard the intercom say, "You are training to be our very own soldier. I loved you so much that I wanted to make you my own personal killer. Its flattering really. May the odds ever be in your favor."

I ran out the door while there was no scenery and found myself outside. I looked at the building and saw a sign I never though I would see. The Navy.

I hadn't looked at my outfit yet. As a matter of fact, I never looked down. I looked down and saw camo pants and a camo jacket. I felt like a boy. I looked up and felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I looked in the distance and saw someone running with a gun.

~~~

I shot up. It was only a dream. First a dream of zombies. Next a dream of me in camouflage. Unflattering really.

I looked around and was in my own room. I jumped on the floor and looked under my bed for anything unusual. Everything was the same. I looked in my closet, filled with dresses and skirts and tops and crops and stuff I never wore.

I was startled when my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey. It is your buddy. How's it going?"

"Good. Today is my birthday!"

"I KNOW!" Spencer squealed like a girl.

"Yeah."

" I have a surprise."

"What is it?"

"A surprise. Come over for a second. It is Saturday after all. I haven't seen you in hours."

I hung up and slipped on a pale pink dress. I put my hair down and brushed it. Perfect as usual. I slipped out my door and locked it. I ran down the Apartment building's hall and ran into Ariana.

"Cousin!" she yelled. She took off her tiara and put it on m head while saying, "You are the birthday girl and I am looking for Kencer's room for your surprise party."

"You mean Spencer? And what party?"

"Yes. And your surprise party..... weren't you invited?" she asked. Dang this girl was even slower than last time I saw this royal subject.

"No. Maybe because it was MY SURPRISE party."

"Oops. Sorry. At least Spencer has it well planned. And he sure is a cutie. Mind if I flirt with him? I don't know y'all very well. Well, I know you.... just not him... oh well. See you at the party!"

I slowly walked back to my room. I laid on my bed. I looked down at my Keds. Then I thought, was Spencer really my friend or was he using me? After all, he wants my attention 24/7. My first thought and decision was to not go on the friendship date. I never really liked Spencer. He was clingy and obsessive. Yeah, he was the hottest boy in school. However, doesn't personality matter more than looks? Second hottest boy was Finn Walligan.

I never even got a chance to talk to him. He was always surrounded by the squealing cheerleaders. They always shouted his name at football games. To be honest, I know nothing about football. Sure, there were attractive guys on it. But hormonal teens are people I don't want to be around.

As a quarterback at Riverside high, I'm pretty sure Finn had other things to do besides hanging around with me. He has all these blondes running around chasing him to be his girlfriend. He looks at me all the time, wondering why this barbie looking teen isn't falling for him. Watching his every move like paparazzi. I was never in love. I always wondered when my hormones would kick in and make me love every male that was walking.

What my high school looked like now was a ghetto dump with brick walls. Also, with hormonal teens cluttering in every open space to catch glimpses at cute boys. Just people walking around, sweating, tugging on book bags saying, "Gra-ta-ta."

The vine was a hit, that is all I could say. As well as people in the locker room clapping in a beat and screaming, "Yeet."

I was never on my phone for social media a lot. My instagram stayed clear of recent pictures until every one in a while.

I hopped up and put on my best outfit because hands down there was meant to be a cute boy there that I would like to impress.

I opened my door and saw my most favorite person in the world. Mrs. Busby. She was like a mother to me.

"Oh Sweetie you look so cute! What is the occasion?" she asked.

"My birthday." I learned to to be mad at her. I told her yesterday but she has short-term memory loss. I felt bad. Most people would be really frustrated if y told somebody yesterday it was your birthday and the next day they have completely forgotten.

I walked into Spencer's apartment and wasn't surprised to hear the word I was expecting,

"SURPRISE!"

I had a blank expression on my face and was completely taken back when Spencer kissed me. I pulled away flipping him off that followed a string of colorful string of words.

I blankly said and shook my head while saying, "Forget you."