Chapter 32

As we walk in hand in hand. Johnny just looks at us in awe. Of course Pony and that girl are there and their together. Ponyboy gets up and says "wow what a shocker" and walks to the kitchen. I say back furiously "what's so shocking? That I moved on from you? Huh?" He said "Nope, im shocked that you picked him. I'm mean it's no shocker that you started dating someone cause that's what you do. You go from one guy to the next" I looked at him, my checks were burning. I said with tears in my eyes " I can't believe you just said that! Honestly you think I do that?! What did you do? Huh? You cheated on me. We broke up, and I moved on! What else do you want me to do?!" He was about to say something but I couldn't take him, so I walked away. I grabbed a tissue and Dally asked why and I said "well my allergies are acting up" Dally asked "what allergies?" I said "people's bull" and I walked out of the door, I didn't know where I was going but I just continued to walk. I walked all the way to Bucks house. He looked and me and said "what are you doing all the way over here?" I said "I need a smoke and wanted to get farther away from the house as possible. Do you have one?" He nodded and handed one to me. I lit it. I was nervous, I've never done this before. I was sick and tired of being treated like I have no feelings. "Hey kid, isn't your brother gonna be angry? Isn't he really protective?" Buck said. I just shook my head. "What does he care?" I said. Dally came running. "Man! What do you think you're doing?! Put the cancer stick down!" He yelled. I said "what?! No! If you guys can do it so can I!" I say as I take a puff. "Stop! Your brother is gonna kill you! Man! Stop being stupid!" Dally says. I ignore him.  Mmhm. I'm finally tough enough. Dally was getting angrier at me. Which I didn't care. I realized that Kevin and Johnny were coming so I turned around to hid it. I could hear Johnny screaming at me already. I don't understand why he cares. I Kevin comes running and snatches the cancer stick right out of my hand. I snapped at him "what the hell?! Why'd you do that?!??" He tossed it on the ground and stomped on it. I really don't understand why he cares. I think he does it too. I start to walk away. I feel a hand on my shoulder, it was pony. He looked at me and said "run". We both started running.  We finally got to the park. He said "sit on the bench we need to talk" I asked him "about what?" He replied "I know I messed up, and I know that things don't look so hot right now but............"