Chapter 29

Brooklyn POV
I sat there in shock as Johnny told me. I just can't believe they're gone. Even though they always hit me and Johnny, without them.....it's going to be weird. They hated us, we hated them but they were still family. Kevin sat beside me and asked me "are you ok? You don't look so good?" All is a sudden we hear knock on the door. Jack opened it and Soda came running in. He ran towards me and gave me the biggest hug. He whispered in my ear "everything is going to be alright! Are you ok? If you need anything I'm here!" I just sit there. Not saying anything. Staring at the floor. Ponyboy just stood there. Not saying anything, with Abby. I got up and walked to my room. I felt like my world was collapsing around me. I started to feel dizzy. I blacked out. Hitting books around me................
******one week later******
I wake up as a bird chirps outside my window. I get up and walk to the kitchen. I see Johnny sitting at the kitchen table eating  eggs and bacon. When he saw me, he jumped up. Silently offered me food. I declined. All I could think about was Ponyboy and what happened. At the same time I could care less. It's time to move on. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Johnny yelled "I got it!" And rushed to the door. When he opened it, Sodapop stepped in and said "hi guys, um..... well, you guys know I wouldn't bother you if it wasn't an emergency but um..." Johnny cut him off "what's wrong? We can help" Soda looked so worried. I said "yeah soda, we can help with anything" he sat on the couch. He ran his hands through his hair. He said "well, Darry is in the hospital, he got injured at work. He's fine but Pony and I can't stay at home, the workers said so" Johnny looked at me, I kinda shrugged. Soda continued "the workers said that if Pony and I can't find somewhere to live then.....then....then they are gonna split us up". Johnny looked at me and said " well I'm fine with you guys staying here" I nodded. To be honest I don't really want to see Ponyboy, but I'll have to deal with it. Soda thanked us and went to get Pony. I prepared the guest room, it use to be Johnny's room but he never used it so he stayed in my room. About 20 minutes later we hear a knock on the door, it was Pony and Soda. Johnny showed them to their room while I hide in mine. I hear Ponys voice, asking where I am. I need to stop thinking about him. I have to start thinking about school again because school started next week and schools important. To get him off my mind I started writing in my diary then all of a sudden, my room door open and there I see Ponyboy, standing there and staring at me. "Don't you know how to knock"I saw. He just laughs a bit. "I never learned"Ponyboy says. I roll my eyes a bit. "Why are you here" I say with an annoyed tone. "I'm just here to check on you, make sure you are ok" he says. I roll my eyes again. "I don't need checking on" I say. He smirks. "Why do you always think that I need you to check on me. Cause you don't" I say again. Johnny called us for dinner. I walked past Pony hitting his shoulder with mine. I walked into the living room since we rarely ate in the dinning room. It was going to be a weird year.

Authors note:
I'm backkkkkk. I thought I could write more but this is what I have far. Hopefully I can write something soon. I'm always so late with writing but hopefully I'll be more in time!❤️