Chapter 10 - Serendipity

Y/n POV

I woke up in Jimin's arms, again. I smiled slightly as I stayed as still as possible with my eyes still closed.

"Ah, she's awake." I heard a sexy raspy voice state his observation.

I blushed "h-how long have you been awake?"

"Probably about 15, 20 minutes" he replied.

"WHAT?! How have you not gotten extremely bored and just fallen back asleep?!" I asked.

"Jagi I could stare at you forever, you are so beautiful, even when you're sleeping, and I didn't want to disturb you. You looked so comfortable resting in my arms, I enjoyed every second." He said it all so casually, as if he didn't expect me to melt right then and there.

"Jimin ah~" I hugged him tighter and hid my face which was most likely several shades of tomato red by now.

His grip around me tightened as well as we laid there in a comfortable silence for several minutes more.

"I don't want to go home.." I pouted at the thought of it, then my expression grew into a serious sadness as my father crossed my mind.

Jimin just hugged me tighter "it'll all be ok, I'll be right there with you the entire time. I'm never leaving your side. You will have to come to the bathroom with me." He chuckled and so did I

"Jiminie pabo" I giggled.

"Hey, you've already seen me do much dirtier things~" he smirked and kissed my cheek.

"YAH! Jimin stop making me blush so much." I covered my face again.

"Come on" he smiled down at me "we should probably start getting ready to leave."

*a few days later*

We walked out of the classroom and the teacher handed us our test papers as we did so. The teacher patted my shoulder and smiled at me.

"Well done!" I smiled back and thanked her.

Jimin and I walked outside, standing outside the school as we looked at our test papers. I felt joy rip through my chest as I saw my grade

"J-Jimin, JIMIN I GOT AN A!!" I grinned at him and he smiled back his beautiful eye smile.

"Yah!! Good job!!" He kissed my cheek and I blushed.

"I'll see you later, I can't wait to see my father proud of me for once." I waved him goodbye and went home.

I walked into my house and yelled for my father "dad!! Dad where are you?! I got my test back todayyy~!" I stopped cold and my smile faded as I saw him sitting on the couch... oh no... he's drunk again.

"Oh yeah? So what're you so happy about?" He looked at me coldly.

"I-I got an A.." I handed him the paper meekly.

"An A? Just... an A?" He replied. My face turned to sadness and fear again.

"Dad, what do you mean?!" I said back and he stood up, looking at me with what seemed to be all the fury he had left in him.

"WHAT ABOUT A PLUS?! MY CHILD SHOULD STRIVE FOR GREATNESS, NOT GET SHITTY GRADES LIKE THESE!!" He slapped me against the cheek so hard that I fell to the floor, it's sad that I feel a sense of déjà vu. My cheek was bleeding again, "YOU ARE NOT MY CHILD! MY WIFE DIED FOR NOTHING WHILE BIRTHING YOU DISGUSTING LETDOWN."

Tears burned in my eyes at those few words, what would it take for him to be proud of me for once? I slowly and weakly stood up, tears running down my cheeks.