Being hungry after walking for an hour, I passed a number of food vendors at crude little stands. For 2 pence I bought an apple and a small loaf of bread. Someone had some sausages, but they looked rather nasty. Of course, being in Victorian England, I had to get acquainted with the completely insane money system they have.

They had 20 shillings to a pound, 12 pence to a shilling. There was a florin which was 2 shilling, a half crown which was 2 shilings and 6 pence, there was the farthing, the quarter farthing, the 3rd farthing, the half farthing, the half-penny, 3 pence, a groat or a Joey which was 4 pence, a bob and of course a guinea which was just over a pound. They had coins of all dominations and sizes, not to mention there were slang words for nearly every coin they had. It gives me a fucking headache, just thinking about it.

I ate along the way and just blended in. Thankfully most everyone paid me no mind. One or two did give me strange looks as I was wearing a US Army coat, hat and boots.

About 2 hours into my walk, it started to rain. It's England, it has to rain. I think it's a law or something. I could have fallen for the girl with the blonde pixie cut hair and the huge breasts who bartends at the pub I hang out at. But nooooo... I had to fall for a girl who lives in 1869. It's probably better anyway as the girl with the pixie cut seems to love very built and rather stupid men. But I am a bit biased, as I pretty much think all men are stupid.

I was about half way to my goal and thankfully the rain had paused for a time. I was in a working class section of London when I heard from behind me.

"Hey you're an American. I recognize that uniform."

Stopping I spun around to see a guy, with brown hair who looks to be around 20's, in crude dirty clothes coming up behind me. He studied me for a moment then his eyes suddenly went wide, "Hey... you're a girl!"

I scowled at him and snorted sarcastically, "Aren't you a bright one."

He seemed put off for a moment, but smiled revealing his very ugly looking teeth. I don't think he owns a toothbrush, "Hey... If you're new in town, I'd be happy to show you some sights..."

At this point he put his hand on my thigh, "And after maybe you and I can go..." He didn't get a chance to finish his sentence, as I promptly kicked him in the nuts.

Judging by the rather shocked look on his face, he really wasn't expecting that. He stood there for a moment before grabbing his crotch. He then crumpled to the ground, with a loud groan.

A few other people who seemed to standing nearby looked at me, almost as shocked as he was. Apparently they had never seen a woman kick a man in the nuts before, at least on the street.

Smirking, I leaned over and said, "Listen up, you lousy glock. It's not nice to touch a woman without permission. Especially the one WHO DOESN'T LIKE TO BE TOUCHED. So if you know whats good for you, you'll stay on the ground until I'm out of sight."

Playing the part, I tossed in a Victorian era slang word. In the 18th century, the word glock meant half-wit.

With that being done, I stood up and walked away. Though as I left, at least three women gave me an approving nod. I got further up the road, I turned to see the man getting up and limp off in the opposite direction.

But then, my luck changed and it began to rain again, and this time it didn't stop. So I walked through the rain across London. Finally I reached the outskirts of London, I was now only a few miles from Herford. But by then, I was pretty much soaked to the bone and my legs and arms hurt like hell. I am carrying two bags after all.