(4.) i love you

He wanted to curse out loud at whatever the blond pianist had said to the detective. Here they were: skype calling at midnight with Saihara asking him about what he wanted to say.

"O-Oh... it was uh..." He trailed off, trying to think of a good question that could hide his true question. Would he think it was a date if he asked to study together?

"I was going to ask if you wanted to study with me for our Biology exam." He said, hoping that he'd agree. Maybe it could be considered a date. But then again, maybe the detective wouldn't see it like that.

"Oh! I was going to ask you about that. I'll be your study partner!" The detective smiled at him, his eyes closed. The astronaut felt a blush tint his cheeks. "Y-You were?" He stuttered out, cursing himself internally for stuttering.

"Of course, you're really good with Biology; I'm not that good but I think it would be beneficial to study with you."

A stab to his heart.

He should've known that the detective wouldn't consider it a date, but it still was nice to dream. It was nice to hope. But he should've known.

"Yeah." He answered in reply, hoping the male didn't hear the disappointment in his tone. He continued to work on his essay as the other did whatever.

"God... government sucks." He muttered, scribbling the proofreading marks on his first draft as he changed things around. He hummed softly and looked up for a moment.

He saw the detective was bundled up still in his cozy, warm blanket. The mug he held was sat on the table as his eyes drifted shut. He watched as the short male dozed off to sleep, chuckling softly. His purple eyes gazed at him, love and adoration forming. His heart blossomed with warmth. "Goodnight Shuuichi..."

He smiled softly. "I love you..." He mumbled softly, knowing the other was completely asleep already. The sleeping face of the detective was utterly pure. It was like an innocent puppy that was just cute to everyone who looked at it.

He loved looking at that face.