(3.) skype calls

It was always anxiety that caused you to panic whenever you wanted to confess to your crush. It was like a weight that tugged at your chest.

He considered himself a good guy though so maybe he had a shot. He was kind of attractive. Charismatic he supposed. Passionate, maybe.

But there was always insecurity. Like what if Saihara was straight? What if he hated Kaito once he'd confessed? What if he got a significant other before he could confess? Worst of all: what if he wasn't good enough?

Recently, the male had been having sleep problems with all the stress. He could barely sleep at all, downing Five Hour Energy after Five Hour Energy just to stay up to work. He was working heavily, drowning in work, when his laptop suddenly started going off.

He looked up, taking his homework glasses off and blinking a few times. It was Skype showing up; the video chat popping up with the accept and decline button. He figured it was Maki so he answered it, going back to work on his essay for his Government class.

"Kinda busy busting my ass, Maki." He said, not looking up.

"A-Ah sorry, Momota-kun, I can hang up if you're too busy.." A voice that obviously wasn't Harukawa's said suddenly. He felt his eyes widen as he looked up in shock.

There on the other screen was Saihara. He was sat on his desk chair, bundled up in a large blanket with a mug in his hands.

The astronaut felt his eyes practically popping out of his head. "O-Oh Saihara! No, no, you're fine! Sorry man, I thought you were Maki. You don't have to hang up."

"Are you sure? You look busy..."

"It's all good dude." He flashed the male his signature grin, rubbing his eyes. He checked the time to see it was about midnight. "What are you still doing up?" He asked him in curiosity.

"Homework." The smaller male answered. "And I couldn't sleep so I thought some warm milk may help."

"Well I hope you'll get to sleep soon."

"What about you Momota-kun?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, why are you up so late? You look exhausted.. " The blue haired male noticed in concern.

It wasn't until the blue haired male had asked when he realized what he looked like. He did look exhausted; dark bags forming under his eyes, and his eyes bloodshot. His body was shaking and twitching. His fingers fidgeted once in a while. His purple hair was ragged from running his hand through it so much out of a nervous habit.

If he had to be honest, he felt exhausted. But work was demanding. "I know. But homework is homework."

"Momota-kun, you need your rest..."

"I'll be okay."

"I-If you say so."

Kaito bit his lip, pushing away from his desk a bit. "What did you call for, anyway? This is kinda out of the blue..."

"Oh... well I just thought it would be nice to talk to each other like this. Besides, Kaede-chan told me you had something you wanted to ask me."