Chapter 6

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling. _____________________________________________________________________________

I heard the door to the tunnel slam open and whipped my head around to see what had happened. Neville climbed back out of door and Iwas about to turn back to my conversation with Seamus when Neville's voice called out to us all. 

"Look who it is! Didn't I tell you?" With that, he moved to his right and revealed the Golden Trio themselves. Suddenly, the room was filled with cheers as everyone ran towards them. 

I decided to stay back, realising it might not be the right time to show my face to any of them. They hadn't seen me since the night at the manor and I couldn't be sure that nothing else had happened after they'd left. I couldn't be too careful anymore. 

Another shout from Neville caused the crowd to move away again. I felt Seamus move back to my side, a huge smile plastered onto his face. 

I could see all three of them scanning the room, obviously trying to figure out where they were. I looked around with them. It still never failed to amaze me what Neville had done with this room. The banners symbolising all of the houses (except Slytherin), the many hammocks and the two bathrooms that had appeared. There was even a few bookcases and brooms scattered around from the many students now hidden here. 

"Where are we?" Harry asked. 

"Room of Requirement, of course!" Neville cried ecitedly. "Surpassed itself, hasn't it? The Carrows were chasing us, and I knew we had just one chance for a hideout: we just managed to get through the door and this is what we found! Well, it wasn't exactly like this..." 

"Wait, who's we?" Ron asked, looking around as if his answer was going to jump out in front of him. Well, I wasn't exactly about to jump but I did finally make my presence known. 

"Me," I said, raising my hand and stepping forward slowly. I saw a look of surprise registering on their faces before Hermione pulled me into a hug. Now I guess it was my turn to be shocked. 

I returned the hug after a few seconds and pulled away, opening my mouth to ask what had just happened when she cut me off. 

"You saved our lives!" she said, as if it was the most obvious thing on the planet. I smiled as I finally registered what was happening and turned to look at Ron and Harry. 

"I'm just glad you're okay and that they didn't hurt you too bad. Hey, how's Dobby?" I asked, wondering where he was. As far as I knew, he wouldn't leave Harry's side even if his life depended on-

"The knife your Aunt Bella threw got him," Ron mumbled quietly, but I heard every word loud and clear. A lump rose in my throat and I could feel my eyes start to water. Even though he was only meant to be a helper around our house, he was the closest thing to a friend I had for a long portion of my life. "We're sorry Mel."

"That's fine," I choked out, hoping to hold back the tears for as long as I could. "Just please tell me he was happy?"

Harry nodded before clearing his throat awkwardly, "well, I never thought I'd say this to a Malfoy, but we really owe you one, so thank you." He rubbed the back of his neck, clearly feeling very awkward due to my last name. I really hate that...

"No problem," I told them, finally walking back to Seamus. His eyebrows were raised in shock as he followed my every move. "What?" I asked, feeling very self conscious all of a sudden.

"Nothing," he stated, his eyes returning to the group stood at the front of the room. Everyone's attention was on them, after all, they had been waiting for this day since we came back to the school in September.