Prologue

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

___________________________________________________________________

I don't know what to do anymore... They know who I really am, and if I'm totally honest, that scares me. Not in a normal way, like being scared of spiders or something, but being scared for a life. It won't be me who gets hurt, it'll be him.

You're probably wondering what's happening right now? Well I'm sat in the Room of Requirement waiting. Just waiting. I've been hiding here for a couple of months now. It is the only place where people allow me to be my true self, and I don't get judged for it.

We all knew a battle was coming, and it was going to be soon. Believe it or not, when this thought entered my mind, it excited me. This was my chance to prove something I'd wanted to for a very long time. Terror was clawing away at my insides though. It would have been on yours as well if you knew how many lives were placed on my shoulders.

I needed to do this. In the end, everyone I loved would be saved, I just needed to stand up against the biggest challenge first. No matter how much I had persuaded myself I could do it, there were constantly doubts in my mind.

You've got to put yourself in my position. I'd already felt guilty for the whole summer. The greatest wizard in the world had been taken away from the wizarding world in a matter of seconds and I had played a huge part in his downfall. I had basically helped the wizarding world to collapse and luckily, for me anyway, not a lot of people knew about it.

Ever since that awful night in the Astronomy Tower, I've been trying to get away from him. My life was a living hell before I persuaded him to let me go undercover. Yes, for a couple of weeks I managed to fool the Dark Lord himself. Impressed? Everyone else was as well, that's how he figured it out.

He hears the whispers around him. Everyone was talking about me and he got angry, threatening to hurt me. This didn't bother me at all. He should know the only way to hurt me is to hurt the ones I love. Again the whispers spread and he realised he didn't scare me. So he's been hurting Draco, and there's nothing I can do about it.

If I go back, then I'll get hurt and have to fight for him, but if I stay here then I can fight for a better time. As much as it hurts me to hear about Draco being treated that way, I need to be myself for once.

No more pretending for my father or hiding behind Draco. I want to be able to show people the real me, no matter what it takes. It's time to for everyone to find out the truth and see the real Melanie Malfoy...

___________________________________________________________________

So guys, Melanie Malfoy is back! But as herself this time... In this book, I want you to see more of her and how she really is, without hiding behind the mask. If you don't get what I mean, hopefully all will be revealed over the course of this short book.

If you saw my A/N at the end of TMS, then you will know this isn't going to be a very long sequel. If I can make this work, it should only be about 10 chapters (give or take a couple). The first few will be explaining the situation Mel has been put into and how she got there. Then it'll be the Battle of Hogwarts (you don't even know how excited I am to write that...), and finally an epilogue (19 years later, just like in the actual Harry Potter series).

The awesome cover on the side is by falconflier1234 so go check her out!

Anyway, sorry its so short, but I hope you enjoy Mel's new adventure, the next chapters will be longer and thank you for sticking with Mel! :)

C x