Chapter 20

"Trapped," Derek exclaimed trying to get the doors open to the hangout. "We can't get in or out!"

"My watch," Aaron exclaimed. "I can't call the boys."

"Can you get the computers up and running," Ray asked.

"Ray, don't you think I would have done that by now? Even my backup circuits are fried," Derek cried out loud.

Back at the school, Mickey groaned looking over at Tanner. He had ran home to find his family trapped within the house, as well as Dawson's. Jason knew he had no chance whatsoever going home to the hangout. Everything was electrical. Everything was now!

"It's late," Maddie rubbed her cold arms. "Where are we suppose to spend the night? Our families are trapped within the complexities of technology of a house and we are out here freezing our butts off."

"Mick," Tanner pointed. "Your house right? Maybe-?"

"My house," Mickey asked. "Why my house? Why not someone else's house?"

Tanner knew that her house was an older version home which didn't have all the high tech gadgets. The reason why people were trapped in their houses was due to the locks. The locks were melted and solidified within it, so the door and the hinges wouldn't move. Living in a town full of supers, bulletproof glass was strictly enforced such as these complex doors. Yeah, no one was getting out or in.

At Mickey's house, Rikay looked at the kids behind Mickey.

"City-," Mickey moved her finger. "You know."

"Right," Riyak stepped aside. They all walked in slowly. Not long ago, the same people were interrogating her. Mick sure seemed to know how to be patient. To their surprise, they weren't the only ones there.

"Whose this," Dawson asked.

"I am- I am," he glanced up. "You guys are who now?"

"We are trapped," Bridget nodded. "Got no where else to go."

"This is-," Mickey looked up at Riyak. "James. He's my-."

"I'm her uncle," Riyak nodded.

"I thought your mom had a sister," Tanner asked.

"Far relative, somehow he's my uncle," Mickey eyed Riyak who nodded. "Anyways, weird right? What happened?"

"I mean who does that," Maddie asked. "What can cause that to do this?"

"Electromagnetic pulse is my best guess," Bridget nodded. "What do you say Mickey?"

Mickey stopped dead in her tracks holding the sleeping bags in both arms.

"What," she was caught off guard.

"An electro- you know what never-mind," Dawson shook his head. Mickey was indecisive either to take a step forward or head back. She marched up the stairs and into her room.

"You can't stay here," Mickey pointed to Riyak. "You need to help me, Uncle James."

The tall blond turned his head towards the door and out the window. He followed her up the stairs.

"You can-," Mickey looked around. "Stay low. Don't say anything weird please!"

"Like if I didn't know that," Riyak spat. "I will sit on the third dimensional cushion down stairs."

"A couch! It's a stinking couch," Mickey exclaimed.

Downstairs, Tanner looked up at the stairs watching the others make their way into the rooms Mickey and her uncle laid out for them. The guys were stuck in the room next to Mickey's.

"So-," Bridget stood at the doorway, criticizing the laid out sleeping bags. "Why do you guys think that this happened?"

No one answered her question. They weren't in the mood.

That night, they were all asleep when a loud rattle came from downstairs. Bridget looked back quickly, eyeing the two other girls in the room. Maddie hugged her sling as Bridget grabbed the flashlight Mickey had on her desk.

"Let's go," Bridget whispered standing at the door frame.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea," Mickey raised her hand slightly. Flipping her ponytail back, Bridget wasn't going to be bossed around by another girl. Bridget pushed the door open.

"What are you doing," Maddie whispered. "Bridget!"

"I'll go," Mickey stood in front of Bridget.

"Hey guys, do you have extra pill-," Jason walked out of the boy's room. The two girls behind her screamed. Mickey pulled her lips into a thin line when she heard them scream. "Okay. What are you girls doing?"

"Something was down there," Bridget pointed as Dawson's frame filled the door. Tanner stepped in behind them and looked at the stairs. "Go wake up your uncle."

"My who," Mickey whispered.

"Your uncle," They all moaned in unity.

"Let's go see what it is," Mickey walked down the stairs first. Tanner wrestled the flashlight out of her hand and gave her a stare. She groaned as she walked behind him, her chin practically pressed into his shoulder. "Do you see anything?"

Jason and Dawson felt the two girls behind them as they made their way downstairs and for the kitchen. Bridget stared over Jason's shoulder as Tanner flicked the lights on. A strange cylinder was hovering over the kitchen island. Everyone's eyes widened! Bridget was the first to scream believe it or not.

"Wait," The cylinder yelled. "I come in peace!"

Everyone was yelling, running around the house, trying to grab hold of it.

"Your left," Dawson yelled at Jason who reached out but the thing zipped past him, ramming into James. James gasped, as it was just gone within him. James turned to see that the thing had just phased through him. Mickey yelled as she jumped through the window. She saw the thing coming for her so she turned and took off running. She ran around the house and came in front where the rest were at. The cylinder crashed into her, knocking her on her back. Mickey screamed trying to get the thing off of her. The thing was attached tighter than a tick on a dog. Tanner ran to her, looking down at the cylinder.

"What do I do," Tanner exclaimed. James looked back to see Bridget running and grabbed the cylinder with her hand. It just popped off and stopped. The beads stopped floating and sank to the bottom.

"What are you doing," Mickey gasped standing up. She stared at the cylinder and back up at everyone looking at her.

"How did you do that," James whispered. The beads came back up and spun rapidly in a tight circle, sending out a pulse, forcing Bridget to let it go and the others were thrown back into the lawn. The thing, was gone. "Well...that's new."

Deeper into the night, Maddie and Bridget sat on their sleeping bags gossiping about life, as if nothing had happened. Mickey was 'asleep' on her bed.

"I'm telling you Samantha Beckett likes Jason," Bridget whispered in a slight giggle. "No joke. She told me herself."

"You don't even have to say it. You can just see it," Maddie laughed. Maddie flashed a gaze up at the blankets Mickey was under. Leaning closer to Bridget, she smirked, "You think you know and Tanner are a thing?"

"Them two? You always see around campus," Bridget thought about it. "I don't know. Maybe. We could do some scooping of our own?"

Mickey threw the sheets from over her, looking straight at herself at her long mirror. She stood up still looking at herself. She wore her navy blue undershirt and her sweatpants. Her bare feet felt sticky on the wood flooring. Mickey turned her head over to the girls with a slight smile, then walked out.