34

Tuesday. June 30, 1987.

Nothing in Eddie's life had ever gone to his advantage, really. Not his father's passing, his luck with making friends, his health or even what he faced today. Of course, the day he'd wanted to hang out with Richie would turn into a day at the quarry. He'd seen Richie shirtless, he didn't care; why would he? It's just skin, right? Right.   

"Why the sudden interest in spending time together? Catch a glimpse of my wang or something?" Richie snickered. Eddie choked out a cough, having taken Richie's comment seriously. Richie frowned, he was only joking. 

"N-no! Just, we never really talk, you know?" Eddie rambled. "It's only fitting, considering our fake relationship status. We should, I don't know, be seen together. More often. Al-alone?"

"Right," Richie trailed off, giving Eddie a weird look before rolling his eyes and kicking his shoes off. "Well, it's a good day as any to swim and that crappy cabin is really killing my vibe, you know?" 

Eddie nodded along like he knew. He didn't. Not with Richie beginning to undress before his eyes and all he could think about was how he might be gay and sure, that's fine but Richie Tozier for Christ's sake. He sighed as the boy turned to look at him.

"You coming, or what?" Richie shook his head, standing at the edge of the cliff as they had done together twenty six days before. Eddie gulped, removing his shirt and sauntering over to the taller boy. Was he expected to jump? They'd held hands last time. It was easy. Yet he stayed frozen in place like the lump in his throat. 

Richie didn't offer his hand, Eddie frowned. Maybe he was wrong about his feelings. How could he have thought that Richie would be a person he could actually harbor romantic feelings for, I mean-

"What are you pouting about, loser?" Richie laughed. "We gonna jump or not?" 

Eddie hesitantly looked down, only to see Richie's hand out ever so slightly towards him. Amazing.  He took it, trying not to smile too wide when their fingers laced together. He couldn't even meet eyes with Richie, not like this. 

"On three," Richie smirked. Eddie nodded, taking a deep breathe. He gripped Richie's hand tighter and to his surprise, Richie did the same. 

"One," Richie said, semi-confidently. "Two," Eddie breathed. 

"Three," Richie muttered, stepping off the edge with a spring in his step.

"This is so gay," Eddie said at the same moment, forgetting to jump, feet planted firmly on the ground. His hand still intertwined with the other boy's caused him to fall forward with force. Being yanked down, with Richie who had jumped. He shrieked, their bodies colliding with the cold water at the end of the fall. 

"Way to fuck that up, spaghetti head." Richie laughed, splashing Eddie's face forcefully once they came up for air.  Eddie coughed, slightly irritated but glad Richie wasn't commenting on his last words.

"Whatever, trashmouth. I didn't hear you, for once, you know you talk so much I guess your vocal chords just gave out at the last number." Eddie scoffed. Richie looked almost impressed for a second. 

"You're getting better, little Kaspy, I must say." Richie stroked his chin with a faux look of intellect and contemplation. Eddie just rolled his eyes, splashing Richie the second he turned his gaze. 

"You're gonna pay for that!" Richie yelped, and the two spent another hour in the water like that. 

  ➳ ➳  ➳ 

short lol.

props to kmsreddie for being on facetime with me the whole time to make sure i finally got this chapter done 

rip it's been a while and im sorry again ooooof 

im doin better now and yea :) 

q: how's your 2018 going so far?

a: its alrrrrright lol

- kat

1/14/2018 @10:02 pm