PROLOGUE.

Gotham City Hospital

Martha was lying on the bed, bloody with sweat dripping down her forehead. The pain that she had just went to was almost unbearable -- she didn't think it'd ever end, but after a couple of hours it did.

Still, she was young. In her early twenties, doing rebellious things that she would regret. She never thought she'd give birth to a baby girl so early; one part of her thought she had just wasted her entire life, and another part wanted to rock her child in her arms all day every day, but she couldn't.It was an accident.

Yet, the famous Wayne did not want to have an abortion; instead she thought it'd be a better idea to put her daughter in an orphanage to find a better family. A fitter mother, actually. Martha was just not ready, and it was clear Thomas did not want this baby to exist.

Days go by and her baby is taken out of her arms as she is filled with regret. Martha did not mean to get pregnant; and she definitely did not mean to have an affair. But there she was, star struck and tears dripping down her face."I'm so sorry..." Kissing her newborn on the head as a nun places the baby into a dirty wooden cot, the stranger asks for a name.

Martha hesitated since she hadn't even bothered to give her daughter a name, and deep inside she was disgusted with herself. 

 "Arabella." She gulps with anxiety. "Her name is Arabella."