"I am sorry that happened to you." he pulled his head back and examined his amber eyes. Only when they were looking at him did they express emotion. Whether it was sadness, annoyance or affection, he couldn't hide it from the angel. "How did you get that scar?" It was big, and ran through Kaiden's eyebrow, over his eyelid and halfway down his cheek. It was not a neat one. "Can you see out of that eye?" Milokan lifted a hand to touch the left side of his face, but the demon grew self-conscious. He instantly put him down and turned away.

"It's a painful memory. Don't make me remember it."

"Oh, I apologise." Milokan didn't want to hurt his feelings. "I am just interested in your life, now that we will be spending the rest of our own together."

The guilt within the demon had started to grow stronger. Every time Kaiden forced himself to back away from the angel, it echoed louder, willing him to stop being so stubborn and smother him with kindness and affection.

"It's not that interesting," he mumbled and sat down on a tree stump. He could hear the breeze through the tree canopies, rustling the golden leaves.

"It is to me. Of course, we have not known each other for very long, and I do not expect you to reveal everything in one sitting. It will take time." The angel linked his fingers together, and his peaceful aura brushed the demon's arm, tempting him to feel his tranquillity.

"Maybe."

The angel laughed, comforting Kaiden with his cheerful spirit.

"You will. Everyone does in the end."

"How do you know?"

"I am an angel; I know a lot of things."

Kaiden watched him. A twinkle of humour made an appearance.

"Like what?" he scoffed.

"You will find out." Milokan edged closer but the demon didn't seem to mind, or he didn't notice. "I have more wisdom than you."

Kaiden crossed his arms. His eyes remained deep within his emerald ones.

"Maybe, but I have more common-sense."

"Yes," Milokan grinned and his entire face looked happy for the first time. Usually, his eyes remained wary, but they shimmered with enjoyment too. "We will learn from each other."

"I suppose we will." The atmosphere between them started to soften.

Milokan continued to smile at him. One day, and one day soon, he would hopefully get a smile in return. Before their conversation could warm up further, Meloras returned safely.

"I found one." She walked over, thankful that they had not tried to kill each other. "Shall we go? It's not that far. We could walk?"

"How far?" questioned the angel.

"Half an hour."

"That's too long." Kaiden stood up, and without thinking, he pulled his soulmate close. He was getting comfortable in his presence without him even trying. Slowly, the cogs of their bond were knitting their souls together with more stability.

"Are we flying?" Milokan reached up, expecting the demon to crouch so he could grasp his shoulders, but all Kaiden could do was stare.

"Uh..." he stalled, surprised that he was falling victim to his own emotions. "Yeah."

Meloras watched in silence when Kaiden picked him up again. Milokan could feel his confusion and also stayed quiet. The demon was making progress, and he didn't want to shout it out. Some things need to happen naturally.