"Be careful," He said, his icy blue eyes holding a cloud of muddled emotions.

Azalia nodded with a small smile, "I will, hopefully."

Azalia said her goodbyes to the rest of the Companions and left Jorrvaskr. They each knew that she wasn't at home there, but they loved her anyway. The sun was shining brightly as she walked through the streets of Whiterun, warming her body. With nimble fingers, Azalia swiped the coin purse off the first cocky Battle-Born she saw and counted the contents.

"Thirty gold pieces," She said with a smile, "That'll get me to Riften."

She left the city and boarded the coach, sending the driver to Riften. Azalia brushed her icy white hair with her fingers and sighed.

In truth, she had stayed with the Companions in hiding. Azalia had pissed off some powerful Thalmor when she decided to sneak into a party and steal as much as she could carry. Of course the downfall was that she got caught. She was tortured mercilessly before she had escaped, killing guards and a Thalmor noble man as she fled. She bore the scars, the memories and the pain of that encounter still. They knew her name, unfortunately, and sent a troop of mercenaries to catch her. She was wounded badly, and that's when Aela found her and brought her back to Jorrvaskr.

Azalia wasn't afriad of the Thalmor, or the fact that they might send more mercenaries after her. She had went into hiding for months, and she prayed to Talos that they had forgotten about her.

The trip to Riften was long so Azalia spent most of it sleeping. When she wasn't sleeping she was checking her weapons. She had spent a pretty penny on each of them. An ebony bow and two ebony swords that sat on her hips, along with an enchanted glass dagger. Her armour wasn't much more than strong reinforced leather. She prefered to stay light and nimble, steel was too heavy for her. She pressed her fingers to the pendant of a star she wore on her neck and sighed.

Her driver pulled up outside the large wooden gates. She gave the guard outside a look, daring him to try and stop her. They opened the gates for her and she tucked her hair into her hood, pulling it over her head. Azalia entered the Bee and Barb, the strong smell of ale wafted through the air. She pushed through the drunken rabble towards the Argonian barmaid. Her reptilian eyes watched Azalia carefully as she asked for a room. Azalia paid Keerava, the barmaid, for one night in the Inn. As Keerava turned to put the gold coins away, Azalia grabbed a sweetroll and tossed into her left hand. She turned to leave the Inn, a mischievous smile on her pink lips, when she saw a burly red-headed man watching her intently. She looked him up and down, lingering and appreciating his physique as she bit into her sweetroll, giving the man a wink.

She decided to go check out the markets as it was getting darker and she knew Jarl Laila rathered dealing with people in the mornings and afternoons. Azalia checked out each of the stalls and bought a few scraps of leather from the blacksmith to repair her armour. A commotion ensued as a couple of guards were dragging a lowly thief through the streets. The male Argonian jewler left his stall and Azalia took her chance with the distraction.

With nimble fingers, Azalia unlocked the sliding door in his stall and the lockbox inside it. She grinned when she pulled out some valuable jewels, the rush of mischief igniting the spark in her heart she loved so dearly. They could fetch about three hundred gold pieces with the Khajiit caravans that pass through each Hold. Looking around, Azalia jumped back up and blended back into the crowd. She threw a couple of gold pieces to the beggars in the market place and walked back into the Bee and Barb. She found a seat alone and ordered a bottle of mead and a salmon steak for herself.

Azalia had just about finished her rather tasteless meal before the burly redhead slid into the seat across from her. She looked up from under her hood and a sly smile crossed her face.
"Can I help you?"

She took that moment to truly look at him. He was rather handsome with russet stubble and deep-set green eyes that Azalia knew many women had got lost inside. In those eyes she saw a soul of mischief.

"What is a pretty lass like you doing in a city like this. You know there's thieves around here," He said coyly, slinging a musceled arm over the back of his chair.

"I'm flattered," Azalia replied, sipping on her mead, "But I have business with the Jarl, and I can take care of myself."

"I don't doubt you can," He smirked, his emerald-green eyes watching her intently, "Poor Madesi will be out a few hundred coins tomorrow though."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Azalia smirked, leaning back in her chair to get a better look at the man. His red hair brushed the shoulders of his leather armour.

"It was very well timed actually," He said with a cocky smile, "A bit on the sloppy side but nothing you can't improve on."

"Oh, I see," Azalia chuckled, "Big ego-driven Nord is here to scrutinise my thievery. Anything else you'd like to add?"

"What's your name?" He questioned, leaning in. He placed his elbows on the table.

"None of your business," She smiled a lobsided smile and leaned in over the table so their faces were only a matter of inches apart. "I'd be more likely to tell you if you told me your name first."

"Brynjolf," He answered, his green eyes boring into hers. Azalia leaned back and smirked.

"Brynjolf," She repeated, "It suits you."

Azalia got up to leave but Brynjolf caught her arm. "What about yours?"

Azalia smiled.
"You'll have to wait and find out," She said, pulling her arm from his grip, "Now unless you're gonna follow me to bed, I'll be taking my leave."

Brynjolf let Azalia walk away and headed back to the Ragged Flagon to tell Mercer Frey he'd found a new thief.

~•~

Hey guys! I've decided I want to write a Skyrim fanfic and it'll have a bit of a LOVE TRIANGLE or Love Square 😂 and it WONT follow the thieves guild quest line but there may be a few settings or things like that used!