Chapter One

Azalia crouched behind a tree, tendrails of her white hair blowing infront of her eyes. She inhaled deeply, tugging on the string of her bow. She set her sights on her target and pulled the string taught, her elbow high. She released, the arrow buried itself into the neck of the large elk. It fell to the ground with a cry of pain. Azalia always felt a rush of excitement when she made a fresh kill.

"Good shot, Azalia!" The voice boomed behind her, making her jump.

"By the Gods," She cursed, "Farkas! What did I tell you about sneaking up on me like that?"

Farkas rolled his eyes. "You are just so jumpy."

"Come on, Icebrain," Azalia laughed, "Help me bring this back to Jorrvaskr."

Azalia had spent the last few months with the Companions. She enjoyed being with them of course, and she had made some friends for life, but they were so.. good. Azalia happened to enjoy the occasional pickpocket and murder. She had made a name for herself travelling through Skyrim, picking up bounty's and clearing out various caves. She wasn't a bad person, but she wasn't a saint either.

Back in Jorrvaskr, Azalia let Farkas take care of her catch. She headed to her room to wash up. She opened the door to see Vilkas sitting on her bed, a pair of her undergarments in his hands.

"Vilkas!" Azalia laughed, grabbing the clothing from his hands. He grasped her by the waist and pulled her onto his lap.

"A letter came for you today," He said, pressing his lips to her neck. "You're not leaving me again are you?"

"Depends," She chuckled and he grasped her tighter.

Her relationship with Vilkas was purely physical, with the obvious fact that they cared for eachother, but she feared that he had grown too attached to her in another way. She never intended on staying with the companions for such a long streach of time, but she needed a break from all the running around and they were just the distraction she needed.

Azalia jumped from his lap and he whimpered like a sad puppy. She grabbed the letter from his hands and tore it open.

Azalia,

I have a proposition for you. I have something of a skooma problem in Riften and since you finished my last task with great efficiency, I would like you to take care of this problem for me also.

Sincerely,
Jarl Laila Law-Giver

"Looks like I'm heading to Riften," Azalia said with a sigh, the trip would be long but as long as the coin was good she'd go. She hadn't been to Riften in many moons and she fancied a chance to get back out there. After all, her scars had healed to reddish lines.

"When will you be back?" Vilkas asked, a noticible frown on his scarred face. She looked upon him and smiled, cupping her soft hand on the side of his face.

"I don't know, Vilkas. You know I just go wherever the wind takes me, and I've sat idle for long enough."

"I wouldn't say idle," He replied with a wink, lessening the sad tension that had grown between them. He was always so lighthearted with her, and a completely different person with the other Companions.

"It shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks," Azalia answered, "But I need to get out again. I don't know if I'll be back for good."

Vilkas nodded sadly while Azalia packed all of her megre things. She never did own much, a few potions, her ebony weapons she had saved for years to purchase, and a few items of clothing. She slung the back over her shoulder and strapped her weapons to her body. Vilkas stood up and pulled her into a tight embrace, pressing his lips to her forehead.