Green tea

The smell of bacon and waffles wafted through the air, creating an aroma unlike any other. It was early and the darkening clouds that surrounded Jump City threatened to erupt. Cyborg whistled softly as he mixed up more batter for his waffles. In his mind, every day was a sunny day. A green façade walked through the common room doors, a smile adorned to his face. "Morning Cy!" Beast Boy shouted as he stretched his back.

"Morning BB, is anyone else awake yet?" Cyborg asked curiously.

Beast Boy shook his head and plopped down at the table. He idly picked up the newspaper and switched it to the cartoon section. "Any tofu left?" He inquired without looking at Cyborg.

Cyborg chuckled. "I threw it out, have some bacon BB!" He teased.

Beast Boy gave him a glare. "That is so cruel to animals; sadly I'm in too good of a mood to care."

Cyborg sent him a suspicious glower. "What put you in such a good mood?"

Beast Boy stood up and pointed to himself. "Notice anything different?" He smirked devilishly.

Cyborg shook his head. "Nope."

Beast Boy immediately frowned. "I grew two inches!" He waved his arms dramatically.

Cyborg let out a loud chuckle. "That's good news? Wow you must have nothing to think about in your free time."

Beast Boy frowned again and took his seat; as soon as he was about to say something defensive Starfire flew in. "Good morning friends!" She exclaimed happily. "I have the most exciting news!"

"Where's Robin?" Beast Boy asked, ignoring Starfire's excitement.

"He is the most grouchy this morning. It must be the dreary weather." She said as she took a seat. "Friend Raven is not awake?"

"I am now." The Empath stated from the doorway. She rubbed her head angrily and headed towards her tea kettle. Beast Boy stared at her momentarily, even though she just woke up she looked fantastic.

"Friend Raven, you look different." Starfire commented. Raven was wearing her usual uniform but her hair was now past her shoulder ending upper-back. Tiny little ringlets curled at the ends.

Raven sighed. "I had a nightmare last night about my father; apparently my hair grew in my sleep AGAIN." She began making her tea before her eyes widened. "Where is my tea?"

Cyborg gave her a look before walking a bunch of food filled plates over to the table. "Should be where you left it."

"The box is empty." She said in her usual monotone voice. She glared at Beast Boy; he gave her an innocent smile. "Where is it?" She growled.

Beast Boy chuckled nervously and removed himself from the table. "Raven, I can explain..." He began.

Raven sighed heavily. "How many times have I told you not to goof around with my tea? You're so immature!" She snarled and threw the empty box at his head.

Beast Boy expertly dodged the box and opened another cabinet. "That earl grey stuff screws around with my nose, so I bought you a different tea." He smiled innocently again but Raven continued to frown.

"I didn't want new tea, I wanted MY tea." She responded. She looked at the tea in Beast Boy's hand, it was Green Tea. "I've never had that kind before." She mumbled as she took the box.

Beast Boy smirked. "It's all natural, just how you like it!"

Raven was not amused, but she still began making it. Beast Boy exhaled and walked back to the table. "I almost died there!" Beast Boy said to Cyborg.