Chapter 2

[Elena's PoV]

    Once the man had come into view. I then saw a man, in a German uniform... My knife still raised, held up in his direction. I kept the boy behind me. He looked right into my eyes, taking a step closer with his hands up in view.

What's a German soldier doing over here? why haven't I attacked him yet? how does this German know this boy? what am I thinking?

"Preis!" the German soldier slightly yells as he tried to rush towards me and the child.

I pushed the boy behind me before placing my arms across my chest, pushing the German soldier with my weight away from us two. He fell to the ground and I grabbed my knife and rushed towards the soldier. He had nearly gotten up but I found my way on top of the soldier, holding my knife to his neck. He grabbed my wrist that was holding the knife and started pushing away from his neck. I placed my other hand on the knife pushing it down. The soldier used all of his strength to push me off of him. I fell onto the hard cold broken cement rocks. I dropped my knife onto the rocks beside me. I let a grunt of pain out before getting myself back up. The German threw a punch at me, but I poorly blocked him. I got onto my two feet and held my fists up in front of me. He charged at me, using a lot of force. he pushed me back onto a broken cold cement wall. I could hear the young boy crying as I defended myself against this German.

"Joseph" The young boy called out.

I took a quick glance at seeing the tears running down his face. I looked back at the soldier and he had come rushing towards me, using a lot of force just to strike me. I again poorly blocked him, i lost balance and fell slightly before gaining my balance back.

"Lukin?" A familiar voice had called out for me.

"...shit..." I mumbled to myself.

     I looked the now worried german soldier and i got up tried to get him to understand me. I looked back at the young boy who was still frightened. I looked back at the soldier raising my hands slowly.

"Scheisse...Uh Soldaten... R-Russische Soldaten kommen. du musst dich verstecken." i tried my best to tell him.

[Fuck. Uh Soldiers. Russian soldiers are coming. you must hide.]

"Was zur Hölle sagst du?? Huh?" He asked moving away from me now.

[What the hell are you saying? Huh?]

"andere uhh.. russische Soldaten k-kommen" I stumbled my words trying to explain what was happening.

[Other uhh... Russian soldiers are c-coming]

"verbergen... ja.. du musst dich verstecken" i told him as I turned around.

[Hide.. yeah. You must hide]

    I went over rushing towards the young boy. He had heard what i told the Soldier and had the worried look on his face.

"Okay. Alright um i need to hide you too..." i said mainly to myself as i looked at the boy.

"Елена?!" Nikolai Called out for me

"No time" I told myself. I stood up. Grabbing a hold of the boys hand and waited.

"Wo ist Joseph?" The boy had asked me.

"They must not know about him. Shhh Ja?" I told him without thinking or explaining in German.

God... god please tell me that soldier had did what I told and is hiding...