Chapter 3: Running

On the drive home from dropping off Mathew at the airport, Mrs. Jones stopped by an ice cream shop just off the corner of Jefferson and Holland St. The blond woman turned her head to her younger son, who sat in the passenger seat; staring woefully out the window. Mrs. Jones gave her son a knowing look and said, "hey, bud, I know you're probably missing Matty already so how about some ice cream?" Alfred gave his mom a soft smile, sensing her sincere attempt to cheer him up. "Yeah, sounds fun." Mrs.Jones' smile widen as she pulled up on the parking lot just outside of World's Flavors.

"So I'm guessing chocolate, rocky road, and-"

"Actually, I'm just in the mood for one scoop," Alfred said with a sheepish smile to his mother. Mrs. Jones blinked, but quickly nodded with a smile of her own, "alrighty then, on we go, I'mma get me some green tea ice cream," she said as she unbuckled her seat belt and got out of the vehicle. Alfred followed suit, feeling slight shame as he unbuckled his seat belt, which his gut was slightly spilling over it; he grimaced. 'Freaking disgusting,' the teen thought.

.

.

.

.

Later that day Alfred did his second workout, at least he was keeping up with the schedule. But it was sometime around 10 PM that he found himself indulging on some leftover casserole, eating his gloomy mood away. 'So much for not overeating today.'

--------------------------------------------

One week later...

"Twenty-one..twenty-two...twenty-three..Twenty-four, and Twenty-five," the American muttered exhaustively as he finished his afternoon workout. It was only forty-five minutes long, one in the morning and one in the afternoon for a total of an hour and a half of exercising a day. Of course he planned to expanded that time as he adjusted more to the workouts, but it was a start.

'Man, I don't feel like stretching today, I just want to go to sleep.' It was only 7:23 PM, but he already was prepared to call it a day. Dinner was in a bit more than half an hour. Lamb chops with peas and mashed potatoes. Alfred smiled, after working out, he felt less guilty about eating during meals. He tried his best to balance out the calories he ate and the ones he burned, and so far he believed he was doing an okay job.

He checked his phone for any new messages, assigned from some junk emails he noticed he received a text from Gilbert

Gill: I'm sooo bored

Alfred snorted, his finger typed a response on his cell.

You: Poor you, let me just hop on a plane and I'll be in across the Atlantic and in Germany soon, K?

Gill: Well, hurry before I die of boredom :(

The blond American cracked a small smile at his friend's dramatic words.

You: If that's the case, I'll stay here :)

Gill: You soulless bastard, and here a was planning on bringing back some Kinder schokolade bars back for you

You: What?

Gill: The best chocolate you'll never have

Alfred rolled his eyes, his phone vibrated indicating he received another message.

Gill: Probably the only good thing about being here is the food, Oma is stuffing me like crazy, expect to see me 10 lbs heavier when I get back lol

You: You? Yeah, sure...you've been bones and nothing else since the 3rd grade bro

Gill: Sorry I'm not a fatass too, lol, jk