I slammed the door. I barely managed to make it out of the room without bursting into tears. So as soon as the door closed I collapsed in tears on the porch. Sobs we're racking through my chest as I cried pitifully.

What had I done to myself? I had an okay life. Loving family, amazing boyfriend, a good job with decent money. My life was by no means amazing (what do you expect from a five) but it was.....good. And now I'd ruined it all.

But hadn't I gained something? The child might not have been born of the traditional pregnancy, but.....this person. The one growing inside of me......wasn't he or she all that I really had left?

I stumbled to get up as I speed dialed Celeste.

"America?" She picked up. "Back so soon?"

"My mom kicked me out," I sobbed. "I have no where to go."

"Yes you do," Celeste sighed.

I let out a mix between a laugh and cry. "Where?"

"You've got me."

I sniffled. "What?"

"You got me," She repeated. "And you've got that baby. And we are going to be here for you."

"How are you supposed to be here for me when I don't have a here to go to. I'm homeless. I'm pregnant. I'm cold. And I'm hungry!"

"You're coming here, darling," Celeste told me.

I gaped at nothing.

"Celeste, I couldn't intrude...."

"America? You are practically living a soap opera right now! You are 17 and pregnant, one year less and you could of had you're own TV show! You're coming here to Angeles and we're gonna figure this out."

"But," I wiped away at some of the tears. "You're a two. Society won't stand for it...."

"I don't care. You need me more than this freaking society! If I need to be knocked down a couple castes.....than so be it."

"I couldn't do that to you though!" I yelled, appalled by the thought of her giving so much up for me.

"You don't have a choice. So get your pregnant stomach and stubborn butt over to Angeles immediately. You know where I am."

"You have no idea how grateful I am, Celeste...."

"Don't mention it."

~oOo~

Celeste was waiting there when I got to the airport. She was twirling a piece of her hair absentmindedly and holding up a sign with my name on it in bold lettering. She looked up when she heard the suitcases beginning to roll in and looked around for me. I was pretty easy to find though. I was the only one without a suitcase.

She gasped when she saw me and I let out a pitiful sob before she had me wrapped in her arms. She never let go of me as she led me out of the airport, into her fancy car, and towards her large home. But we didn't stay there.

I sniffled pitifully in question. "Why aren't we staying?" I wondered.

"It's my parents house," she explained. "I live here."

It was perfect timing as we had just pulled up to a fancy apartment complex. I stared up at its intimidating form with watery eyes and an empty stomach. It seemed to be glaring down at me. It felt as if everyone was looking at me. There was a kind looking door man who waved at me and I hesitantly smiled back.

"That's Carter. He is working here until he has enough money to become a guard at the palace. It's his dream," Celeste explained.

I expected her to lead me to some rotting room on the third floor with shaggy gray carpets, ugly striped wall paper, and weird yellow stains on the wall. But when we got onto the elevator she pressed the button for the 5th floor. And when the doors opened they lead directly into a large fancy living room. The penthouse suite.

The room was decorated in sensible shades of black, white, and grey. There was a large white couch that looked like I would stain it by just sitting on it, but looked more comfy than the softest mattress. There was a grande piano, a large sound system and TV, and plush carpets and rugs. There was a large open doorway that lead directly into a huge, gorgeous kitchen with white and grey counters and freshly painted cabinets. There was a hallway that I'm assuming led to the bedrooms in the far corner and expensive looking paintings on the wall.

"That hall leads to the bedrooms and bathrooms," Celeste said, confirming my theory. "The guest bedroom is at the end of it and you can go ahead and put your down in there."

"Thank you, Celeste. You have no idea how much this means to me," I said, my eyes tearing up. I tried to hide it by giving her a hug but I know she could tell. Damn these hormones!

"Don't even think of it," She laughed.

"I totally owe you!"

"That you do," She agreed and lead me to my room.

8 months later...