Chapter 16: Kai's older brother

Kai's P.O.V.

“.. But seriously, Jaehee.. I want you to be mine, and I want myself to be yours.” I said, shooting her my sincere and sweet smile. She just stood there and stared at me, with her hazelnut orbs. I think she's surprised, that I made her speechless.. “Well... aren't you going to say something?” I asked, as I lean in her.

“Ahh..” She quickly took a step backward. “I-I don't think I should say something..” She said timidly.

I frowned a little, after I heard what she said. Maybe she thinks all of these are happening way too fast for her.. Tsk! I should have just take it slow.. “Oh. Sorry.” I said, looking away from her as I rubbed the nape of my neck. This is damn embarassing..

“No need to say sorry.” She said, smiling at me. “Hm, come on, Kai! Let's go grab some ice cream." She continued as she immediately dragged me toward the ice cream parlor.

The soft bells hanging above the entrance door jingled as we entered the glass door. The mouth-watering flavors of the ice creams really caught my attention. Looks delicious.

The clerk greeted us as we walked toward the counter. “Hello Sir, Ma'am! Can I get your order?”

“Ooh~ I want strawberry, Kai!” Jaehee said, acting like 4-year-old kid.

I glanced at her and smiled, then back to the clerk. “One strawberry and one chocolate ice cream, please.” I said.

Once we received our ice creams, we exited the ice cream parlor. We were walking along the street sidewalk, alongside each other as we silently licked our own ice cream.

“So.. Where do you wanna go?” She asked, breaking the ice.

“Nothing in particular, actually.. How about you?”

“Same.” She said, as she continued licking her strawberry ice cream. “How about to your favorite place?”

“My what?” I asked her, quite shocked.

“You know? The narrow lane.. Chanyeol said, that's your favorite place in the entire world.” She said, enthusiastically. “It's near from here, right?”

I nodded my head slowly.

“So, what are you waiting for? Let's go~.” She said, dragging me again toward the narrow lane.

Aigoo, Jaehee.. Why so hyper today? *sigh* Childish, Jaehee!

-------------------

As we reached the narrow lane, my footsteps slowed down as I noticed someone standing the exact same spot where Jaehee and I met before. I furrowed my brows as I stared at the man's back.

“Who's that, Kai?” Jaehee asked, adorably as he pointed the guy, standing before us.

I didn't answer Jaehee's question, since I didn't know who the hell that person is as well. “Hey.” I called that dude in a hoarse voice.

The guy slowly turned around to face us and I furrowed my brows even more once I saw his face now. “Hi.” He said, smiling  and glancing at me and Jaehee. It's my elder brother, Taemin hyung.

“When did you arrive?” I asked him.

“Just this morning.” He answered.

“You know each other?” Jaehee butted in, looking at me then Taemin hyung.

Taemin hyung smirked at me, like there was something hidden behind that smirk of him. “I'm his elder brother, Taemin.” He answered, looking at Jaehee as he extended his hand toward Jaehee. “And you must be Jaehee, right?”

Jaehee nodded slowly and shook Taemin hyung's hand. “How did you know my name?” She asked, as she retrieved her hand.

Taemin smirked again and said. “Let's just say I'm the one you're looking for.”

After he just said that, Jaehee and I were both surprised. I gritted my teeth while clenching my fist. Shit! What the fuck did he just say?! What the fuck is this guy's plan?! Is he even the same older brother of mine that's so kind and nice to me? Who the hell is this guy!

Jaehee just widened her eyes out of surprised. “Y-you're Mr. Stranger?” She stuttered.

Taemin hyung nodded slowly and smile a little. Jaehee looked at me and asked. “Why didn't you tell me about all of these, Kai? I can't believe you! I trusted you and you pretended as if you don't know who really is Mr. Stranger? What's wrong with you? Did you know, how long I wanted to look for him..” She panted, as she continuously to spoke so quickly. “You know what, Kai. Whatever..”

“Jaehee—“

“I better go home.” She said plainly, as cutted off my sentence and walked away from the both of us.

I tried catching up but Taemin hyung grabbed my wrist. “Don't even try to follow her.” He said, threatening me.

I aggressively removed my wrist from his hand. “Don't you dare touch me, you selfish asshole!” I said angrily, gritting my teeth then pushed him out of the way. I never looked back to check on him and just walked away from there. Fuck that asshole! How could he possibly do this to me? What did I ever do to him? Aish! I don't know what to do in my fucking life anymore!

(to be continued XD)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Another update~ I hope you like this chap!

Vote and comment. :D

#WeBelieveInYouKris

•×LuHainne