I'm Movin' On

Mulai dari awal

I was on my way to class with her on my heel, lunch just ended and she was mad again since I didn’t join her in the popular table.

“You are half of this relationship, Liam, do your share!” she hissed.

“Share of what?” I ask, tired of the conversation, “being the supposed hottest couple of Kent?”

“Yes!” she says, as if it was the most obvious answer.

I rolled my eyes and faced her, “This is reality, Emily, we aren’t on some movie or TV show where you need to be so high and popular cause its not getting you anywhere.”

She stared at me, surprise.

Well, I’ve never spoken so harshly to her before.

“Liam-“

“Emily, look, I have other things in mind. More important things. And though you are one of those important things, I prioritize reality more.”

With that said I turned to leave her speechless. I guess it was necessary to shut her up, I needed time away from her, I can’t see her now cause I can still see that night by the pool.

I entered my elective class which was architecture. It was for those who are interested to take up the said subject in college as their major.

I entered the class and sat in front. I looked up at the board and saw the instructions of what to do today and started working on it. Mr. Santiago, the teacher, was busy with his 3d project that he has been working on for the last two years, it was of the White House, he showed me the inside of it once and it was amazing, every room was taken into account.

After seeing it I had a feeling that our school was going to be watched closely by the military just because of that model.

I poured out the content of my bag, to hasten the process of finding what I needed for the activity. I wanted to get starting already, I needed to distract myself and forget about Emily even for an hour and a half.

When there was a knock on the door. But I didn’t bother looking up, I didn’t care who it was anyways.

“Yes?” Mr. Santiago asked.

“Uhm, I was told that this is my new elective?” Hearing the familiar voice I looked up.

“Oh, yes, Bruce did mention that he will be moving a student from his auto class.” Mr. Santiago took the paper from Jas and signed it, “I guess you’ve broken enough power tools to give the school a run for its money?”

“Actually,” she sighed, “I fixed up too many cars for him already that the other boys were losing opportunity to show off their nonexistent talent of oiling cars.”

I chuckled catching her attention.

“Hey…” she says.

“Hey…” I said.

She held up a hand for me, “So can I get started on whatever you do here or are you going to interrogate me on why I know you are driving the new ferrari?” she says, “Cause I don’t think your students need anymore reason to not listen to you.”

“Why-“

“By the way, you miss one step.” She said as she turned toward me.

“What?”

“You miss one step on the front stairs of the your doll house.” She then set her things on the table and sat beside me.