Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Adelia’s P.O.V.

“Um, here’s your flannel.” I tell him, handing it to him.

“Thanks.” He says, quietly.

“So, uh, yeah. I think I’m just gonna go.” I take a few steps back.

“Wait.” He says.

“Yeah?” I ask.

“I don’t know.” He says with a laugh. “I just don’t want you to go.”

“Well, I kind of have to. Family dinner and all.” I say with a shrug. “Mom’s in town.”

He nods. “Oh, well. Have fun.”

“Thanks. You too. With whatever you’re doing, I mean.”

He gives me a weak smile. “Yeah. Thanks. See you later.”

“See you.” I wave and turn around, bumping straight into Michael.

“Shit, I’m so sorry.” He says, grabbing my arm to keep me from falling over. He helps me rebalance myself and his eyes never leave mine. I’m mesmerized. Have they always been that green?

I blink a couple of times before shaking my head and walking straight to the car where Ashton is waiting for me. I close the door and let out a breath.

“You okay?” He asks.

“Yeah. I mean, it’s been like a month.” I tell him. “It’s about time I gave the stupid flannel back. But I’m keeping the teddy bear.”

Ashton laughs and smiles. “You ready for dinner?”

“Yeah. Let’s go.”

~~~

Later that night, I lay in bed, staring at my ceiling. I can see his green eyes every time I close my eyes. I don’t want to go to sleep. Why am I even thinking of him? He’s a dick. Okay, maybe he was and he isn’t anymore, but I can’t just jump between him and Luke. That’s pathetic. So why can’t I get him out of my head? It was like deja vu. Like when he dumped the spaghetti all over me. The way he said, ‘Shit, I’m so sorry’ just took me back. I cover my face with my hands and groan. I stand up and walk over to Ashton’s room.

I knock lightly on the door. “Come in.” He says quietly. I open it and take a seat on the bed.

“I can’t stop thinking of him.” I take a seat next to him.

“It’s been a month.”

“No, not Luke. Michael.” I admit. “I don’t know what happened. When he grabbed my arm I just got these… sparks. It was weird. I don’t want to even think about it. And his eyes just looked so green. Why is this happening?” I ask.

Ashton chuckles. “It’s fine. You’ve just gotten over Luke and he’s the first guy you saw.”

“No, Ash, I… I don’t know how to explain it. That did something to me. I don’t know what. I just can’t stop thinking of Michael. It’s killing me. I’m just craving his touch.”
“Whoa-”

“Like holding my hand you dipshit. Now listen. I don’t know what to do. It’s like, I just remembered everything that’s happened between us. Even before it went bad. I think I-”
“Have a crush on him?” Ashton asks, smirking.