Chapter 12

Ash's POV

Sere's punch hurt less than her expression.

I love you.

How could I let it slip? Of course after Calem entering my life suddenly and he trying to get Sere for himself, I naturally realized I loved the honey-blonde tomboy. But knowing that your crush is going on a 'date' with your best friend, doesn't really help. And plus, she hates me as it was visible from the reaction she gave to the stimuli: I love you.

Right now I was standing in a busy corridor in school, taking my books from my locker. Another day of continuous torture. And Sere is another newly developed headache. Not a bad one though. Yeah, but maybe today she will be really frustrated with me for last night.

I love you.

I must admit though. I didn't think twice before speaking. I mean, I don't trust myself with love yet and there I was, confessing something which just might not be true.

I love you.

Oh God, who knew three words could get stuck inside your head.

I love you.

Oh shut up mind!

"Ash?"

"I just said shut up!" I groaned in frustration.

"Whom did you just shout at?" An all to familiar voice said.

Sere.

I perked up only to meet a pair- the pair of sapphire blue eyes.

My Sere.

"I asked something, 'ya know," she said raising her brow.

"Let it slip, Serry. He seemed down and deep in thought at that time." Marina chirped in.

"That doesn't mean he can shout at you. Hey you, Raven head! Listen here, apologize now and I will let pass or else it will be you along with me and my fist." Serena threatened, raising her fist and rubbing it.

"No need to create a scene Ser-" Marina tried again but was cut-short by her really, really furious brother, Sere.

"Listen here bubbly! I don't like when people mess with you. Even if it is Ash, I wouldn't leave him if he did something to hurt you. And Mari, words can so hurt."

Okay, this was obviously referring to me and my stupid confession last night. 

"But I am not hurt Sis, am I? And how many times did I tell you not to call me bubbly in front of everyone!" Marina replied slightly flustered. "It's embarrassing." She mumbled.

"Only 'cause you say so." Sere sighed and turned towards me. "Lucky you! Saved by my sis. Remember, next time, you will be dead if you even lay a finger on he-"

"No!" Marina rushed to my side and clung onto my arm. "Just let him be Serry, he wasn't thinking straight. It happens." She tried to convince her raging sister.

And as they argued here and there, I simply stood there, looking at Serena. She acted so- so like herself even after what happened last night and she still does remember that. No one can say that something bad happened to her last night. Well, my 'out-of-no where' confession was bad enough to ruin a soul. Like it did to me. And I think, my depression is visible.

"Ehmm," I cleared my throat, causing both girls to turn their attention towards me. I smirked, which wasn't noticed by Mari but Sere. Her brows folded suspiciously.

"I am glad you are standing up for me and taking my side, Marina, but I am really sorry for shouting at you. As you said, I wasn't thinking straight." I said as I gave Marina a side hug which made her blush furiously.

"As for Serena, I am sorry for shouting at your sis, even though I knew her over-protective bro would stand up against me." I grinned like an idiot. 

I hope it looked normal. I was never good at hiding things or acting. Well, Sere was the best at it. Always.

Sere just folded her arms and looked at me suspiciously.

"You never admit your fault so easily and as for that stupid grin of yours, I could wipe that out right now. But I need to know, what are you trying to do?" She raised her brow.

"Just being myself." I shrugged and felt a hand softly intertwine its fingers in mine. The person it belonged to was Marina. She smiling and had a faint tint of pink on her cheeks.

"Ash, class time and we have first together." She exclaimed like a child who just got a new toy as a Christmas present. She is so cute sometimes.

"You sure are bubbly." I chuckled.

"Not you too, Ash!" She pouted but soon erupted into a fit of giggles too.

"Well not bubbly then how about- jumpy?" I asked.

"I do not jump! But whatever. If it's you, then sure." She smiled and gave a quick peck on my cheek.

I smiled at her. Well not as good as Sere, but she is awesome in her own special way. Maybe, she will help me forget about Sere.

"Young love. I am happy for you Mari." Serena smiled a little. It was obviously a forced smile.

Me and Marina blushed. A dark shade of crimson.

"Since when did you learn about love?" I asked still flustered.

"Since, I came. Am I right, Sere?" Calem came and flung an arm around her shoulder.

"Back off Calem." Sere calmly ducked and escaped from his grasp.

"Yeah, since you came." I laughed at Calem who seemed disappointed at Sere's reaction.

"What you laughing at Ash?" Sere asked.

"Calem got R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D!" I laughed causing Marina to giggle beside me.

"Calem," Sere turned towards the sad boy, "I am not your bro that you fling your arms around my shoulder," she said approaching him, "I am your friend and I want that to be something more." She whispered, audible for me to hear.

She then grabbed his arms, put them on her waist and swung her arms around his neck.

Time stopped for me. The crowded corridor, where we were standing, seemed to blur and fade away. I lost the feeling of my limbs. It seemed as if the whole world came crumpling down on me when-

Sere kissed Calem.

And he kissed back.

Not even God can help me to forget about Sere now. No one.

"Congrats you guys. I should be going. See 'ya." I quickly turned around and gave a wave before escaping the scene.

I didn't have tears to let them fall. I wasn't sad or depressed. No feeling that I just got heart-broken. I briskly walked to who knows where, roughly colliding into other students.

I confessed and she just flushed it out over night.