Chapter 6: Long Night

Kaitlyn's POV

After he said he would help me, I said, 'thank you'

"But now were going to have to keep you safe from Snake and his gang, they are going to be after you." He started thinking about it until the old man got an idea

"Young Master, why don't he just stay with you?" the both of us turned and looked at the old man and unintentionally in unison said

"Say what now?" we then looked at each other

"Think about it young master, you did bring him here it's only fair that you take care of him." They make it sound like I'm some lost animal they found.

"You do have a point Jii-chan, I guess I shouldn't hide my identity then." He took off his monocle and hat "The names Kaito, Kaito Kuroba, Magician Extraordinaire, it's a pleasure to meet you." He introduced himself. I looked, and he had short black/brown messy hair and blue/indigo eyes, he was a couple cm taller than me, from the looks of him he seemed 16 or 17-years-old. "If its ok with you can I know your name?" he asked

I sighed, 'looks like I have no say in the matter', I then pulled off my hood, which reviled my face and long braided hair "The names Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn Greig and I probably should tell you that I'm... actually a girl." And 3... 2... 1... Shock!

"YOU'RE A GIRL!" the guy shouted, and the old man was speechless,

I smiled and laughed a bit 'Oh it never gets old' is what I thought in my head "yeah I know, I look and act like a boy, I get that a lot, but really I'm a girl." He gave me this look of uncertainty, but let it go.

"Well then" he smiled and made a rose pop out of his hand, then gave it to me "It's nice to meet you Kaitlyn"

"Nice to meet you too, Kaito." I smiled back at him

"Hey Jii-chan, can you give us a ride back to my place"

"Of course, master Kaito"

"Oh, and I almost forgot, the old guy here is Jii Konosuke, but you could just call him Jii-chan like me."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, miss Kaitlyn." The man Jii-chan said

"Same here Jii-chan"

We then walked back to Jii-chan's car and drove off to Kaito's place. During the ride I accidently fell asleep.

Kaito's POV

On the ride back to my place I turned around and found out that the tomboy fell asleep.

"What is it master Kaito?" Jii-chan asked

"She's asleep" I whispered to him

"The night has been eventful"

"Yeah it has, I finally find Pandora but lost it. I wonder if Snake found it or Inspector Nakamori. I'll have to wait and see tomorrow."

"Young master we have arrived." He pulled over at the front gate, I turned to see that the Inspector hasn't come back yet.

"Thank You Jii-chan." I turned around to the sleeping kid "Hey, were here, wake up."

Her eyes slowly opened, and she was awake, almost. We both got out of the car, Jii-chan wished us both a good night and left.

When we entered the house, I could see that she was tired, so I escorted her to the guest room and just like that, she went straight to sleep. I pulled the blanket to cover her then left the room.

As I walked into my room I saw the time, it was 2am, I sighed then looked at my Dad's portrait "I'm back Dad, and I found Pandora, it's real and I promise I will find the organisation then put them to justice." After saying that I headed straight to bed "It's been a long night" and like Kaitlyn I fell straight to sleep.