Chapter 13 Harry's Meltdown

As I sit next to Sirius trying to listen to what Kingsley was saying I hear Harry yelling at Ron and Hermione.  Complaining about how no one would tell him what was going on and talking about the dementors in Little Whingington.  Everyone in the kitchen stopped listening to the boy's voice as he complained.  I didn't blame him though, he had been writing letters all summer-he even left one to me-but no one could explain what was happening for fear of our mail being intercepted.  Then out of nowhere he and his cousin are attacked by dementors in the middle of a muggle community, as well as being expelled then not expelled.  It was enough to make any full grown wizard go mad let alone a teenaged boy.  Then again Harry Potter was not the average teenager...  All the sudden the yelling stops and the members of the order resume the meeting.  However Molly was still looking worriedly at the door, "Don't worry Molly I'll go check up on them." she smiles gratefully as I stand up and scoot out of my seat as I make my way to the door.  As I open the door I hear some urgent whispering as Fred and George try and pull up one of their Extendable Ears.  I brandish my wand and summon the ear towards me, smiling up at the the group of teens as they sigh in relief when they see it's me.  

  "Oh it's just Tessa.  You mind?" George calls.

I look up at him and raise an eyebrow, "Just Tessa hmm?  Now, now what would your mother say if she saw this?"

Fred narrows his eyes, "You wouldn't."

"Oh?"

Laurel punches Fred in the arm, "Don't be an idiot Fred we all know that Tessa's just messing with you.  She is the one who showed you how to soundproof the room." I smile and laugh as I walk up the stairs and stop next to the girl.  

"Well at least one out of three has a brain.  Now I swear if you three get caught by your mum and you even breathe my name I swear I'll slip some of those sweets in every plate your mum makes you.  You'll either starve or be throwing up for weeks.  Now you've already been caught by me and your mum's a thousand times more sneaky than I am...so for your sake I'd be careful." the three pale as I grin evilly.  "Oh hello Harry I thought I heard you." Harry flushes a bright red at being called out.  I sit back down at the table next to Sirius only for everyone to get up as the meeting was over.  

"They still up to no good?"

"Of course, the Extendable Ears are better than ever, they're like the magical version of muggle children tying two cups to a string.  I wonder if they take their inspiration from muggle items that their Dad brings home." Sirius props his head on one hand and splays the other out in front of him only to yank it back as a knife stabs the table right where his hand had been.  I start to laugh but fall out of my chair as a cauldron of stew slides towards me spilling some of the burning liquid onto the table.  I look up with a glare at the triplets who had smiles that were just a little too innocent.  I groan and scowl at the three, "You think you're soooo funny don't you?!

"Fairly humourous yes.  How about you Freddy?"

"I'd have to agree Laurie it was rather luaghable.  And you George?"

George grins, "And that expression on her face, priceless.  I think I'll remember that even when I can't remember whether I'm Fred or George."

"Alright I get it!  You think you're the coolest thing since sliced bread.  Shut it!"

"Merlin she's touchy." Fred says as I sit down.

  After the little showdown last night about how much we should tell Harry tension was running a little high in the house.  So Molly resorted to what seemed like her only stress reliever, cleaning.  And she was including all the kids too.  However when I tried to help she brushed me off saying that I needed to get back to my work.  And though it was true I think she suspected I might only end up goofing around with the triplets.  Which was also true.  Sighing I sit down at my desk and stare desolately at the the blank piece of paper before me.  Ever since I'd reunited with Sirius and moved back into Grimmuald Place no. 12 I'd hit a wall.  No matter how many sketches I draw none of them have turned out right.  I even tailored some of them to fit Laurel but while they looked nice on her every time they look off.  I groan again and throw the sketchbook into the drawer and instead pull out some parchment and an envelope.  

Dear Charlie,

  It seems I've hit a bit of a block with my designs.  Your sister Laurel has been very helpful but nothing seems to come out right.   Anyways how've you been?  Personally I'm bored to tears, I want to get out again but I can't even sneak out because my face along with Sirius's has been plastered everywhere.  Hopefully it will calm down soon.  Harry arrived yesterday night and he wasn't at all happy.  Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you heard them back in Romania, the boy has got a set of lungs.  Not to mention Sirius abd your mum got into a spat over Harry so they're kind of avoiding each other right now  Oh and I think your mum is already planning our wedding even though we've been on exactly one date.  Kinda weird to think of it like that huh?  I mean through all these letters it feels like I've known you for more than just a few months.  So yeah a lot's been happening...

Sincerely,

   - Tessa Hale

I fold the letter and shove it into the envelope.  Muggles had it so much easier with instant messaging.  "Kreacher." He shuffles into the room a scowl slipping off his face to be replaced by a rather creepy smile. 

  "Yes mistress?"

"Could you give this to Charlie?" he nods taking the letter and disappears with a crack.