Chapter 4

Nick's POV

I pulled back into the driveway, Sabrina and I had a normal conversation. For once, we weren't arguing, honestly it felt nice. As I walked in the house, I wondered to myself why she hates me, or at least dislikes me, in the first place. I mentally shrugged. All I know is she makes it clear that she doesn't fancy me, nor will she probably ever; which, makes this a hell of a lot more interesting for me. You know, it makes the chase more interesting.

I walked in the living room, AJ and Howie were watching Spongebob while eating cereal. I sat down on the chair that was near the window. I looked over at AJ and Howie.

"How long do you think it'll take until she breaks?" I asked. They both looked over at me and muted TV.

"What?" They asked in unison with each other.

"Sabrina." I stated. "How long do you think it will take Sabrina to finally just give in."

"Nick, dude, you're crazy. She'll never like you. Didn't she declare you two as enemies, or something?" AJ asked, looking at me in disbelief. Howie looked at me the same way AJ did, and just kind of nodded, agreeing with AJ.

"She's just playing hard to get though," I spoke confidently.

"Well, if she's only playing hard to get, then I'd give her until Christmas." Howie spoke.

"Unless you keep harassing her," AJ chimed in. "Then you'll either send her running for the hills, if she's wise, or if she actually fancies you, then she'll probably give in earlier than that."

"However," Howie spoke. "I highly doubt she likes you, even in a friendly way."

AJ nodded. "She turns you down all the time."

"Whatever." I muttered. Brian walked in.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Nick here thinks that Rina actually likes him, but is giving off the impression that she doesn't." Howie spoke.

"I can see that," Brian said. "I mean, one minute she's okay with you, the next she's slamming doors in your face."

"Thank you." I looked at Howie and AJ with the 'told you' look.

"In fact, I am so confident that Sabrina actually like Nick, that I am going to bet $1000 that they'll be dating by New Years at the latest." Brian sat down on the couch by me. 

AJ and Howie looked at each other, before looking at Brian. "You better pay up now, then."