01

Louis has always been a very happy and warm-hearted person. He grew up in a loving and caring household, as a brother to quite a few siblings. All in all, his life's been quite carefree so far. However, this very carefreeness led to Louis being extremely innocent and naive. With that said, it's always been obvious that if something bad ever happened to him, he wouldn't even notice until it's too late.

And that's what happened to him that day.

It was a very foggy and cold winter day. Usually, Louis' Mom would've dropped him off at school with the car, but the day itself was quite stressful so he decided to take the bus instead. At that time, he was 17 and still went to high school. So there wasn't anything special about Louis or his life in general. Or so it seems.

When Louis got on the bus, his eyes immediately started looking for a vacant seat and thankfully, there were almost no people inside the bus. So he quickly rushed to the last seat row, put his backpack down and took a seat. It's freezing, he thought to himself. Just when the bus was about to leave, it opened his doors once again but this time, a few people, including some of Louis' classmates, hopped on.

"Well, well" Claire walked up to Louis with the biggest smile on her face.

Oh, Claire and Louis. They have been friends for as long as anyone can remember. They are bosom buddies and yet, they always find something to argue about. Claire's all over the place, naive and maybe even sexually precocious but she's always been there for Louis. She was basically the only true friend Louis has ever had. But that was okay with him, he didn't even want to be friends with everyone else but Claire. Claire was all he needed.

Louis removed his backpack from the seat next to him ,,Have a seat, drama queen", he commented.

"A true gentleman! But I'm afraid I've got to decline with thanks Lou, I'm with the girls, we're skipping class today, wanna join?" she leaned against the seat next to Louis, smiled at him.

Louis shook his head "I'd love to accompany you guys but I can't skip art class, I'm working on my final exam", he answered "But uh, Claire? Aren't you in my art class? So aren't you supposed to work on your final exam as well?", Louis was really confused.

Claire sighed "Louis, you should enjoy your life instead of mothering your best friend. You're such a bore, oh goodness", she shook her head in disbelief, returned to her friends.

After what seemed like ages (actually it were only two more bus stations) the group of girls got off the bus. As he waited for the bus to carry on, he noticed a man, sitting in the front seat row. He was pretty sure, the man wasn't in the bus when Louis got on it and there wasn't even something special about the looks of that guy, yet - he caught Louis' attention.

"Is this seat taken?"

Louis' eyes wandered from the suspicious man sitting in the front row to the guy standing right next to Louis, waiting for his answer.

"I'm sorry?" Louis was very confused, the bus was almost empty so why would someone want to sit next to him now - Louis wasn't that kind of person you'd want to sit next to in a bus, he wasn't too handsome or a good company - so he thought - it wasn't fun to be around him, so he stopped putting effort into people liking him.

The man sighed "The seat", he replied ''Next to you. Is it taken?'', he asked Louis impatiently.

Louis was annoyed too now "I mean, obviously I've put my backpack on that seat, so that-"

"Whatever", the man replied, reached out for Louis' backpack and basically threw it on the ground, to then take a seat next to Louis.

Louis was scared and his heart started to race, he did not even dare to be sassy anymore, he just sat there, quietly, waiting for the man to leave. He was very anxious and weird around people either way so he wouldn't have talked to anyone, regardless if the person's being nice or not. But there was something about that man, that sent shivers down Louis' spine. He felt trapped and endangered - it was silly and perhaps even stupid, he was aware of that, but he just didn't believe that people could actually be kind and good. Everyone he's ever met turned out to be a beautiful incarnation of the devil. And the worst of it all - there were still 15 minutes left until Louis could get out of the bus. And although it doesn't seem like a lot, it did seem like an eternity for Louis. But then, suddenly, the man started approaching Louis and it made Louis feel really uncomfortable. Louis gasped for air while digging his fingers into the seat, he was terrified of what could eventually happen next.