Chapter nineteen

{Recap}

"Patrick?"

"Reina" he sounded down.

"What's wrong?"

"I have something to tell you."

........................
"W-what?" I stuttered. I had a gut feeling that something was wrong, he seemed off. I was nervous. It took him s while to finally speak. I heard him take a deep breath.

"I umm, I'm coming over" and with that he hung up the phone.

I awkwardly put the phone down and went over to the sofa, where I sat and waited for Patrick. It was about 20 minutes till there was a knock on the door. I sighed and stood up, making my way over to the door.

"Hey" I greeted with a smile, but he didn't return it. Instead he was looking down at his feet.

"I'm so sorry" he muttered. I gripped the door handle tighter.

"What Patrick?" I grew even more anxious.

"Look I may have kissed another girl yesterday" he finally said as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. These words were life a knife to my heart, tears began to build up in my eyes.

"What?" I gasped and placed my hand over my mouth.

"Listen I d-"

"You kissed someone else?" I asked in disbelief.

"It was a mistake ok!"

"But you-"

"Please Kitten. just let me explain"

"No, I just want to be alone right now. You need to leave" I mumbled wiping the tears that had fallen. Patrick went to say something but instead turned away. I closed the door behind him, slid down onto the floor and cried.

So this is what it feels like to be heartbroken.

~
I couldn't concentrate in any of my lessons considering I barley got any sleep and that I constantly replayed the words Patrick had told me in my head. I was currently sat in maths next to Eddie who noticed that there was something wrong.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Eddie whispered so that the teacher couldn't hear.

"Nothing" I bluntly replied.

"Are you sure?"

"There's nothing wrong!" I screamed. The rest of the class went quiet and turned their attention towards me.

"Miss Jacobs, go stand outside!" My teacher said raising her voice. I scraped my chair back and stormed out of the classroom, shutting the door behind me.

I heard male voices echo through the empty hallway. I turn to my right and saw the Bowers gang walking my way. They hadn't noticed me yet so I sped walked towards the girls bathroom. I was in no mood to deal with them today, especially Patrick. Once there I locked myself in a cubical and buried my head in my hands. The sight of Patrick made me emotional. How could he do this to me.

I heard the tap turn on near the sink. I dried my eyes and unlocked the cubical. Once I opened the door I saw that it was Gretta. She looked up into the mirror and saw me.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"I'm fine"

"Clearly not if you've been crying" she rolled her eyes and dried her hands.

"Don't worry" I muttered

"It's not like you to skip a lesson" She scoffed and turned to look at me

"I'm not skipping, I got sent out"

"That's not like you either!" She shook her head in disappointment before walking out of the bathroom and leaving me on my own.

~
"Sweetie are you ok? You don't seem happy" My mum questioned as she placed a plate of food in front of me.

"I'm fine" I mumbled

"If you need to talk about anything I-"

"I don't wanna talk!" My mum sighed before taking a seat next to me.

"Whatever it is I'm sure you'll get over it" She pulled me into her embrace. "I love you Sweetie"

"Thank you mum" I gave her a weak smile

"Oh by the way!" She stood up and grabbed an envelope from the kitchen counter. "This was posted through our door after you left for school.

She handed me the envelope which had my name on it. I opened it, inside was a small piece of paper, I took it out and read it

'Call me when you see this, I want to talk to you'

I sighed and ripped up the note. Patrick.

Sorry it's so short guys urgh😩anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter xo