His Unknown Secret [1]

"Bye."

"Oh, sweetie, I'm going to miss you." My mom hugged me tightly, the sound of her sobs echoing in my ear.

I patted her back and rubbed it a couple times.

"It's okay, mom. It's only two months." Well, okay. Two months for me would pass by quickly, but not for my mom. For her it would seem like forever. My dad had to

pry my mom off me so I could breathe again.

"Thanks, dad." I smiled warmly at him.

He grinned back at me and brought his hand up. I grabbed it and shook it. It was as if we were meeting for the first time.

"Bye, Charlotte."

"Bye, dad.

I could feel tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

No, charlotte! Do not cry!

Out of nowhere, my dad pulled me to his chest and enclosed me in his arms.

"I'm going to miss you, Charlie," he said in my ear.

"I'm gonna miss you too, dad," I whispered.

I heard a little sob leave his mouth and I laughed.

"You're not gonna get all sappy on me, are you?" I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

He pulled back and snorted. While pointing to himself, he said, "Me, Crying? Ha! Like that would ever happen."

I hugged him again and told him, "That's the dad I know. I love you."

His lips touched my forehead and lingered there for a little bit.

"Love you too, Charlie."

"My turn!" A voice said behind me.

I turned and spotted my younger brother with his arms wide open. While picking him up, I spun his little body around in a circle. His tiny arms linked around my neck

while my own arms supported his legs around my waist.

"Charlie! I don't want you to go."

"I'm not leaving forever. I'm coming back."

"I don't want you to go." He nestled his head in my neck and yawned. His arms went limp and his breathing became light. I sighed inaudibly.

I told my parents to leave him at home with a sitter so he could sleep, but they insisted he come. So, they woke my four year old brother up at 4:30 in the morning so

he could say goodbye to me before I left for California.

I shook Peter so I could say my final goodbye to him.

"Hey, Peter."

"Charlie?" He mumbled.

"I have to go now, Pete."

"Noooo!" He held on tighter as he started to cry.

"Shh. It's okay."

"Don't leave me! Don't leave me!" he yelled.

"Shh, Peter," I comforted him. "I'm gonna be back before you know it. " I showed him my pinky finger. "I promise."

A smile lit up his face as he gripped my pinky with his.

"I wuv you, Charlie!"

I smushed him tight to me.

"I love you even more."

"Nuh-uh."

"Yeah-huh."

He kissed my cheek.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, baby. I'll miss you so much," I murmured in his ear.

"Alright," my dad's voice interrupted. "You have to go."

I let my brother go, but not before pressing my lips against his check and telling him for the last time today, "I love you."

"Bye, mom." I gave her a peck on the check, as well as my dad.

I backed away from them as I clutched the suitcase in my hand.

When I got past security, I dared a peak to where my family stood and I nearly broke into tears.

My mom was wrapped in my dad's arms as she held my brother's hand. Peter's thumb was hidden in his mouth. Yeah he's a little too old to be doing that, but old habits are hard to break.

My parents have tried everything to get him to stop sucking his thumb, including putting vinegar on his finger. But he got used to the crude taste, so now he puts

vinegar on everything he eats.

I gave him my "mean" look and shook my finger at him. He immediately took his thumb out and shot me an innocent smile. His cheeks got a little red and I just

wanted to go over there and pinch them.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I can do this, I told myself.

My eyes fluttered open again and I put a fake smile on my face.

"Bye!" I mouthed.

I blew a kiss to my family and waved.

After receiving a couple air kisses from them, I turned back around and continued my journey to find gate D5.

California here I come.

© 2010 theamazingspiderman

So, how was it???

Leave me comments below telling me if you want me to continue or not