Chapter 36: How To Ditch A Wedding 101

Start from the beginning

"Hot. Cute. Beautiful," John interrupted, smirking at her flustered expression. 

Angelica blushed. Their lips were about to touch when -

"There you are!" Peggy screamed, running towards them.

"I think you interrupted something," Hercules smirked, punching John in the shoulder.

"No one found them anywhere!" Peggy wrung her hands, looking nervous.

Angelica suddenly felt her phone vibrate.

TommyTheTrain is calling.

"Hey!" Thomas's voice sounded over the phone.

"Sorry, can't talk, Eliza and Alex are missing on the day of their wedding," Angelica hurriedly cut him off. She noticed John looking at her, almost jealously.

Thomas gasped, but Angie thought she could hear him sniggering slightly. "Well... have you tried calling her?" 

Angelica slapped her forehead. "I'LL CALL YOU LATER."

She dialed Eliza's phone number frantically.

"Hello?" said a slightly muffled voice.

"ELIZA WHAT THE ACTUAL F-"

"Don't finish that sentence." Eliza said complacently. "So, what's up?"

"WHERE ARE YOU?" Angie screamed into her phone.

Eliza awkwardly laughed. "Cake. Me. Alex. Venue?"

Angelica screamed. "IT IS 8:48!"

Eliza whistled under his breath. "I am totally AMAZED by this!"

Angelica took a deep breath in. "Your wedding starts at 9:00."

Eliza sighed. "No, it doesn't. It starts at 4:20, in the afternoon."

Angelica glared at the phone. "I think not! It either starts at 9:00, 10:00, or 11:00."

Eliza must've taken out the wedding invitation details, because she gasped. "It starts at 11:00, OH NO, I NEED HELP!"

"WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME?!" Angelica could've laughed at her sister's dependence on her.

Eliza coughed. "Right now, I'm covered in chocolate and I probably gained, like, 50 pounds? So, I might not be able to fit into my wedding dress."

Angelica had no words.

"What? Alex had the great idea to have a cake fight!"

"You two really are perfect for each other." Angelica sighed.

"ALEXANDER! DO NOT EAT CAKE FROM THE FLOOR!" Eliza suddenly screamed, causing Angelica to almost drop her phone.

"Sorry, yeah. Can you get my dress and all those cool stuff?" Eliza asked.

"Fine, but only because you're the bride of honor."

"Thanks sis! ALEX, PLEASE STOP TRYING TO BREAK INTO THE - Wait, the venue's a surprise, bye!"

Angelica shut her phone and faced the others. "We need a new cake."

John simply shook his head, as if he had seen it coming.

oOo

Eliza ran around the venue's dressing room, trying to change in record time. She still hadn't shown them the actual venue, but all Angelica knew was that it was very cold and she was wearing a short dress with even shorter sleeves.

"This is the first time I'm wearing short sleeves in public ever since... well, you know," Angelica whispered to John.

John squeezed her hand. "We'll get through this, one way or another."

Angelica smiled and kissed him. "You should be an encouragement ad, John."

"Who said I'm not?"

Angelica just laughed and disappeared into the girl's room with Eliza yelling at her to "stop kissing John and help me with this freaking son of a biscuit called a zipper."

John surveyed the room of boys with an amused expression. Hercules and Laf were wrestling on the floor and Alex was struggling to tie his bow.

"Work, work!" John called, sighing when no one listened to him.

"I have so much work to do," John groaned.

"TAKE A BREAK!" Peggy screamed from the other room.

"RUN AWAY WITH ANGIE THIS SUMMER, YOU CAN GO UPSTATE!" Eliza called

John turned on the radio. The Wade-Green Pamphlet was playing.

"I LOVE THIS SONG! SO CATCHY!" Alex suddenly screamed, his eyes lighting up.

"I HATE IT!" Eliza screamed back.

Alex blushed. "Of course, I meant to say I hate it. So... er, non-catchy."

Eliza sighed. "My favorite song is Defenseless or Scorch from Miranda."

Angelica laughed. "But at the end of the day we can all agree Anthony Ramos is the hottest, right?"

John could hear Eliza snigger from the other room. "Nah, Lin will always be the best."

"What about Daveed?" Peggy piped up.

"They all died two hundred years ago!" Maria said.

Eliza shrieked. "WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT!"

"Like how Mike Faist never died?"

Eliza shrieked louder.

John snapped his fingers in front of Alex's face. "WORK! WHOAAAAA! WHY WOULD THROW A BOWTIE AT ME, I'M JUST TRYIN' TO HELP!"

"My wedding! I can slack off until the final moment, John."

"Alexander Hamilton slacking off? That's a first."

"Shoot, you're right!" Alex jumped up. "I need the correct pants! I'm pretty sure these are John's!"

"WHAT?!"

Anyone got the 'son of a biscuit' reference from a Wattpad book? 

How do you think the wedding will turn out? And what's this secret venue?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Our next chapter will be cool, to say the least, lowkey in honor of Christmas... Infinity gets it.

- Angie and Eliza