Chapter 9-Secrets and spills

I don’t know how long we sat like this. Him silently stroking my hair taking a strand every now and again to twist round his fingers before he released.

While I curved into his body, one hand holding on to his top and the other on his lap. My legs hung loosely over his and the arm of the chair. The tears had stopped but they still stained my cheeks and my breathing was still a little jumpy.

“Why?” My voice once strong and confident was tired and quiet, almost a whisper. Reid jumped slightly at the sound of my voice but quickly recovered.

“Why what?” He questioned with care. This is the softest I have ever heard his voice no order, no anger just pure pity... I hate pity.

“Why Alice? Why anyone? You said no one would be hurt!”  Anger started to build.

I pulled my head away from his chest only to have him pull me back.

I growled in response.

“I had no choice.” He said trying to keep me in his hold, obviously him winning.

We fought on the chair with me kicking out  and pushing away while him having a pretty tight grip on me.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” I screeched flipping me over onto the floor, but bringing him down with me.

“Ufgh”

I landed on my back along with Reid and before I could even begin to scream again Reid had me straddled.

He was on his knees over my hips putting just enough weight to keep me on the ground. One of his hands held both my wrists above me head while the other was over my mouth muffling my shouts.

I was still trying to wiggle, out kicking and throwing my hips up but it was no good.

“Hey, Sam! SAM, SAMANTHA!” Reid shouted causing me to freeze. How the hell does he know my name... what about my last name?

“Look at me, Sam please. Sam!” He repeated. His patience was running low so I didn’t push it. My eyes flickered to his green ones.

“Yes I said to kill. But I would never, never tell him to hurt her. I knew she meant something to you. I would never try to hurt you Kitten. Never.” 

His words filled my head like a sickly illness. The anger, confusion and sadness left, I didn’t even know how I felt.

Reid studied me closely before slowly removing his hand from my mouth waiting for me to answer.

“How do you know my name?” The words flew before I could even stop them. I hadn’t forgotten about his ‘moment’ there but I sure as hell don’t want to get into that right now.