Masked Musician

Chapter 2: Masked Musician

The rest of lunch continued in silence. FP had no intention of looking at me, at all. I guess she figured I'd asked about her brother. A topic I think she does not like talking about.

We got out of the cafeteria and made our way to the 4th floor. She decided to take me there herself since I didn't know the school that much.

We chatted a little and exchanged giggles but it wasn't like a while ago. She seemed sad. She left me just a few doors away from my class.

I got in class and the first think I noticed was a boy who had glowing red and yellow clothes and skin. He had fire for hair and I right away thought that he was FP's brother.

He was sitting right in the back along with some other misfits.

I took a seat near the window, making sure I was as far away from him as possible. I don't like judging people right away but Flame Prince has a bad relationship with everyone, even his own sister.

I got out my book and started reading where I left off. Just before I finish the chapter, I felt someone stand in front of me.

I don't know who he is. He is quite handsome though.

"Uhmm.. hi. Can I help you?" I say as I give him a faint smile.

"I just noticed you were new. I'm Jungle Prince. You are?" He reached out his hand for me to shake, which I gladly did.

"I'm Princess Bubblegum. Nice to finally meet a friendly face." I give him a warm smile and he just gives me a shrug.

"My face isn't the model of friendly, counting the paint and dirt but I guess it's okay." He says in a sarcastic voice. I can't help but giggle at his humor.

"Nice and funny. I think you're getting on my good side, Prince." I jokingly say, lifting one eyebrow.

"Well any side is good if it was you, Princess." He gives me a smirk and jokingly bows down to me.

Real smooth JP. Real smooth.

The principal got in the room and he went back to his seat, which was just a few desks away from me.

The room got a little more quiet and the principal spoke up.

"So Professor Brooke was not able to make it. So this time will be used for free time. I suggest you do some advance reading on history of the land." And with that said he walks out of the class room leaving us to our selves.

Free time just became an extra hour for lunch. Which everyone enjoyed having. Talking, eating, fooling around was all everyone did. I have to admit all I did was talk to JP. I even met some of his friends. The hour was up and so was school. Classes were shorted in this school. It was rather odd but I knew it was because we had to take charge of our own kingdoms after classes. It was Gumball's turn today so I decided to do some advance study.

I got to the library and applied for a library card. There were very few students I'm the library as expected. I read some early history and borrowed books all about science and chemistry. I placed my books in my bag and got out to the hall.

I had some time to take a little tour around campus. Why not? I had to be familiar to the place anyway. Why not start now?

Hall way to hallway, floor to floor I passed thought to most of the ways I could pass to my classes . It was getting dark so I made my way to my dorm. I took a shortcut through the music room where I heard someone playing.

She starts strumming on her bass. Note by note sounded beautiful. Simple and sad. Her husky voice started to sing perfectly matched with the tune of her instrument.

Daddy,
Why did you leave me?
You created me,
So don't you wanna see me?

Daddy,
Why did you make me?
If you're not gonna take me
To get a burger and shakey?

My cursed blood is your cursed blood,
Come on back and be my bud.
I can count your visits on my fingertips.
Come back and give me presents from your business trips.

Daddy why did you father me,
If all you wanna do is bother me?
Don't you know that I love you?
When I only wanna see more of you.

Chord to chord was played perfectly. But her voice started to crack, almost like she was about to cry.

Daddy, why did you eat my fries?
I bought them, and they were mine.
But you ate them, you ate my fries.
And I cried, but you didn't see me cry.

Daddy,
Do you even love me?
Well I wish you'd show it,
Because I wouldn't know it.
What kind of dad eats his daughter's fries?
And doesn't even look her in the eyes?
Daddy there were tears there.
If you saw them would you even care?

The music started to fade and faint sobs filled the silent room.

I was frozen. The lyrics felt personal, full of emotion and I was caught right in the middle of it. I shouldn't have been here. But I felt the need to try and comfort her. Whoever she was.

The moment I stepped forward to try and get to her. She flys away into the darkness. I didn't see who she was. But I wanted to know. I needed to know.

{A/N: that was the original lyrics by Rebecca Sugar. Please tell me what you think. I will try to have a new chapter every other day. <3 Faye}