The royal family all have gifts. Although no one has ever seen the royal family, it is said that the king and queen's children attend school, although no one is certain who they are or what they look like. The entire royal family is said to have gifts, but no one is certain what they are. Some say that they cannot be killed, but there is no evidence for this.

Vampires do sleep. Unlike humans and werewolves, they don't need a lot of sleep.

Vampires can be in the sun. It doesn't kill them, in fact, nothing happens to them, it just feels like going out in a hundred degree weather without sunscreen on.

When vampires are hurt, they immediately heal, unless there is too much blood loss and the injury is inflicted on them constantly. Vervain also prevents vampires from healing.

I stopped reading when I heard someone speak.

"Interesting, isn't it?" Xander asked as he walked over to me. I just shrugged, not looking at him. He moved to touch my cheek, but I quickly moved away, growling at him. He frowned, moving towards me again.

"Don't touch me," I growled at him. His eyes turned black with fury. He grabbed me by my neck, throwing me onto the bed. I still couldn't shift, there was too much silver in the air.

He started kissing up and down my neck and I tried pushing him off, but I was too weak at the moment. I whimpered and growled, trying to wriggle out of his hold, but his body was completely on top of mine. I felt tears streaming down my face. His hand moved up the inside of my thigh, and I clamped my legs shut.

The door barged open, Drew standing there.

"Werewolves, tons of them. Their attacking!" Drew said, slightly out of breath. Xander got off of me, and I sighed in relief.

"What?!" Xander asked.

"Hundreds of wolves are attacking. Our best fighters are holding them off, but they have vervain. None have gotten into the castle, but it's only a matter of time before they kill our fighters," Drew said. Xander turned to me, yanking me up.

"What'd you do?" He growled at me, lifting me off my feet by my neck. I clawed at his hand, trying to pry it off of me. Drew started coughing, and I saw him lean against the door for support. Xander's grip on me loosened and he dropped me as he started coughing as well. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused as to what was happening.

"Shit, there's vervain in the air, we're fucking breathing it in," Drew said, before coughing again. There were shouts and I heard paws hit the ground as they neared the room.

Xander and Drew heads snapped towards the door before they ran out of the room, so fast I couldn't even see them. I saw wolves run across the door, going after them.

One wolf stopped though, and walked into the room. It was a midnight black wolf with piercing forest green eyes. I sniffed the air, smelling citrus and the forest.

"Blake," I whimpered as he nuzzled his nose into my neck. I stroked his big wolf head.

'Angel,' he said through mind-link. He licked my face, showing affection. I smiled, so happy that Blake was here. He turned his head, indicating that I get on his back. He must have known that I couldn't shift. I got onto his back before he ran out of the room as I held onto him.

"Blake, we need to get Grace out, she's human and has been held captive here as well," I said urgently. He nodded his head.

'John will get her out,' he promised through mind-link. I sighed in relief as he ran out of the castle and back home.

----later that night----

"Grace," a women sobbed as she held her daughter.

"We thought you were dead," Grace's father said, holding her tight as tears streamed down his face.