Chapter 8

Chapter 8

(Tuesday)

"Aubree! Aubree get up or else you'll be late!" My mom yelled. I groaned. Have I ever complained about waking up in the morning? Well, if I haven't, here it is. I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON! I slowly got out of bed, yawning and stretching. I lazily made my way to my bathroom. I hopped into the hot shower, trying to wake me up. After my shower, I brushed my teeth and wrapped my hair in a towel. I looked through my closet before deciding on a red knit spaghetti strap flowy dress that stopped mid-thigh. I paired it with silver charm bracelet that Mia got me for my birthday which had a small crystal wolf charm, and a pair of tan Sperry's. I quickly dried my hair and left in long waves before putting on mascara and eyeliner. I looked at the clock and saw that I wouldn't be able to make coffee if I didn't get downstairs now. When I walked into the kitchen, I was relieved to see a pot of coffee already made, I added some cream and sugar and put it into a coffee mug before heading out to my car. When I was about to leave, I got a text from Mia.

'Hey can u give me a ride to school?' It said.

I quickly typed back, 'Yeah sure be there in a sec.' I drove to Mia's house and when she saw me pull up, she hopped into my car.

"Hey thanks for giving me a ride! I really need a car," Mia whined while rolling her eyes.

I laughed, "Hey, what are friends for?" We talked a while until we pulled into the school parking lot. I hopped out and so did Mia. As we looked for Noah, James, and Liam, we saw they weren't there so we went over to where Blake's as standing with a guy I haven't seen before. 'Maybe it's his soon to be Beta,' I thought to myself. Before we got to them, Mia stopped walking. I looked at her, confused.

"Mia?" I asked.

"Mate," she said.

The guy next to Blake turned around and saw Mia, growling, "Mine," before walking to her. He nuzzled his face in her neck as he breathed in her scent. I kinda felt awkward just standing there, so I went over to Blake. He immediately wrapped his arms around me, tucking his face into my neck and mumbling a 'hi angel,' making me giggle. Blake smiled down at me before pecking my lips multiple times, making me giggle again.

"So who's that?" I asked Blake, pointing to the guy talking to my best friend.

Blake looked over before saying, "Oh that's my soon to be Beta, Mason Wells." So I had been right.

"Looks like he found his mate," I said while smiling up at him.

He nodded, "I've been hoping he'd find his mate soon, and I'm glad it's Mia." After a little bit, Mia and Mason walked over to us, both of them smiling. "Mason, I'm so glad you found your mate," Blake said, giving him that guy hug thing. I pulled Mia into a tight hug and told her a congratulations as well.

"I'm so happy, Bree! I finally found my mate!" She said happily. I smiled at her, knowing exactly how she felt.

"Mason, I'd like you to meet my mate, Aubree Bradford. Aubree, this is my soon to be beta, Mason Wells," Blake introduced us. I smiled and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you and I'm glad that you're Mia's mate, but if you hurt her, I'll kill you," I threatened. Mia laughed at that and Mason nodded.

"It's nice to meet you, too, and I promise that I won't hurt Mia," he stated. I nodded pleased with his response. The bell rang, so we made our way to our first classes. Blake walked me to my class, kissing me before heading off to his class. Math was boring as usual, and so was world geo. I quickly made my way to language arts, excited to talk to Mia.

"Hey Mia," I said as I took my seat next to her.

"Hey Bree," she said back. The teacher entered the classroom and class began, but Mia and I continued our conversation through mind link.