Part 1

Scene one

One late night in New York a young girl walks down the streets with tears running down her face. she walks down the empty drawn out streets alone hugging herself while shivering from the cold. Clothes not wet but damp painted with the colors of her loved one.

Modesty (Voice over)

stay cool, just stay cool and no one will know... what won't they know? 

*she looks down at her stained clothes*

Modesty

gotta get these off *she begins to rip at her clothes* no no you can't do that that would be to obvious, what a better way to bring attention to you then by walking down the street nude *she laughs to herself then slowly walks into the darkness that ended the street* why do i see them, you don't but i do, there everywhere. What is something that is always there, you can feel it, give it, but can never get rid of?

*laughter fills the background as fear starts to climb her, she pushes it off curling herself up in the corner*

Modesty

emotions, it's a silly riddle I know but my favourite things in life are the things people could care less for. Everything needs care, but everyone forgets that, a little bit of care turns a silly thing into something with meaning.

Modesty (Voice over)

he kissed me

Modesty

what?

Modesty (Voice over)

dont you remember?

*modesty shakes her head, hiding her face in her legs*

Modesty (Voice over)

oh we can't let sadness on you too, it's hard enough for you to get rid of those fears.

*Modesty nods as she starts pushing the fear off of her, sending them flying. She looks down still wearing the same clothes*

Modesty (voice over)

now first things first

Modesty

we have to get rid of these clothes

*Modesty starts to take them off. On the end of the street there is a woman smoking, modesty approaches her slowly as the scene fades*

Modesty (voice over)

she was tough

Modesty

but she had fear all over her I saw them crawling up her leg before she even noticed I was there

*modesty is now seen wearing the womens clothes as she walks, turning out of the empty alley onto a street of houses *

Modesty

so he kissed me?

Modesty (voice over)

you know he didn't mean it though.

Modesty

why'd he do it? I didn't see any love, and there was definitely no lust.

Modesty (voice over)

you saw anger did you not? We both know anger is just as good as lust

Modesty

why was he angry?

Modesty (voice over)

you don't remember?

*modesty slowly walks towards the steps of a near by house, she sits on the top step holding her legs to her chest and crying into them, sadness and anxiety enter. Anxiety begins to hop around her feet while sadness rolls around the ground weeping *

Sadness

he doesn't love you no one does

Anxiety

did he ever? He probably just felt too bad to tell you

Sadness

no one will ever love you you're going to die alone

Anxiety

what if you tell him and he thinks you're lying?

Sadness

it wouldn't matter anyway its not like hed care

*Nathan enters quietly through the door in the house behind her as Modesty continues to cry, the two emotions jump causing modesty to look up*

Nathan

hey modesty, are you okay?

*suddenly anxiety is pushed away as happiness enters*

Modesty

hey Nathan. Yeah i'm good what are you doing here?

Happiness

he cares, he has to care why else would he ask?

Sadness

it doesn't matter anyway no one wants a corpse bride

Nathan

whats going on? Mod your outside my house.

Modesty

oh i'm sorry I don't know how I got here,

Nathan

it's okay really just please tell me whats wrong

Sadness

how can he sit there like nothings wrong

Nathan

your scaring me whats going on?

modesty

im sick, really sick nait