Chapter 16 - Laurene's POV

Comenzar desde el principio

A couple of hours later Ellison woke up and we discussed that we would lay low. He left after that. I did not tell him about the press... he would find out soon enough. I then phoned Lucas, my brother, who was freaking out and asked what was going on. I told him that we were engaged last week and we were keeping our relationship top secret so I could not tell anyone apart from our parents. He seemed upset that I did not tell him, but I could not tell him the real reason, otherwise he would never allow it! In addition, I do not want him to get into any more trouble with dad.

I was then harassed with questions from Kendall, who just saw the pictures of me 'tenderly stroking Ellison's face in a love struck daze'. Talk about embarrassing! She is convinced that I have feelings for him, and I told her that I do care about him, just not in a romantic way. After ten minutes of arguing, she finally gives in and accepts that 'I am in denial'. Her words not mine! Luckily, I managed to get her off the phone when I realised that Norman was calling me as well.

"Hello? Norman is everything all right?"

"Yes miss, I am just reminding you that your plane leaves at 5:30 tomorrow evening, for your trip to Greece."

Crap. I forgot about that.

"Oh yes." I reply massaging my temples. With all the stress of the press and Ellison, I completely forgot about that. I am meant to be dining with some important investors, who want to 'evaluate' me to see if my father is right and I am ready to become the boss.

"Miss, if I may, I believe that maybe you could take Ellison with you instead of me? That way the press will not constantly harass you and you both can go away until it all calms down. I can also take care of everything back here if you would like." After a moment alone in my thoughts, I realise that this is actually a relatively good idea.

"Thank you Norman, I appreciate it. I will see you at work tomorrow morning."

Hurriedly I send a quick text to Ellison, asking him if he would like to accompany me to Greece to get away from it all for a week. As he does not send a text back straight away, I decide to keep myself busy and go to my gym to practice my dancing. I strip down to my Calvin Klein sport bra and mini shorts, and then head to the gym.

When I flow in dance it is as if it is the only way my body truly knows how to speak. Verbally I am guarded; physically I shrink and fade into the background if I am in the presence of strangers. On stage my personality, my sensuality bursts through into the most vibrant picture of a beautiful soul. For the most part the upbeat music machine is my only audience, watching me with vibrating black eyes. When the music flows like adrenaline through my bones I yearn to break free and move my body in in time to the music, becoming one with the beat. Half flexing my foot out, I slowly, sensually twist it round until my body is turned facing the pole with my leg wrapped around it. I reach over to grab the shining object, lift myself up, and stick my other leg into the air, doing a half split. The music possesses me then, moving my body back and forth round and round upside down and elegantly, in a voluptuous kind of way. Here in my studio there is no one to judge or hold my back, and I can act however I desire. I do not have to be innocent, I do not have to be perfect, and I do not have to be sexy. I can just be a prisoner to the music and move in the way it wants me to.

When the music stops, I slide down the pole and stretch, feeling the burn after I put my all into that particular exercise. Trying to get my breath under control, I turn to grab my water bottle when I see some one standing in the shadows, looking at me out of shock, surprise and lust. I freeze, wondering how long he has been there. Red flushes my cheeks making me feel hot and bothered all over, as embarrassment abrasively runs through my veins, screaming at me to run away and hide.