Troll-A-Bration

After a full... Oops, lost track of time. -Branch was still singing to Poppy, with help from the critters of the forest. He was determined to make her see the light. Flower sat down next to her mother, who was lying on the ground in frustration.

Oh, you're the best friend that I've ever had

I've been with you such a long time...

"BRANCH, STOP!" Poppy shrieked. The rest of the critters flee in panic.

"I keep telling you to stop, and you just keep singing," she said frustratedly. "It's like you're not even listening to... Oh, my holy realization. That was what I just did to Bridget, wasn't it?"

Branch sighed in relief. "There it is! I was running out of songs."

Flower giggled.

"Oh, man," Poppy groaned. "I got so excited trying to take care of Bridget, and, I... I wasn't even listening to her."

Branch was about to reach his hand out to her when he noticed a bubble floating towards her.

"Ooh!" Flower exclaimed in wonder as more bubbles flew in. Poppy decided to go see where they were coming from, and Branch picked up the baby princess as he followed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When Poppy, Branch, and Flower made it up the hill, they saw Bergen Town covered in bright lights and bubbly foam. As they made their way through the wintery scenery, they saw a group of carolers harmonizing, children playing in the foam, and King Gristle in a fuzzy sweater trimming the Troll Tree.

"Hey everybody!" he called out. "The tree looks like Troll hair!"

"Grissy, it's so beautiful!" Bridget complimented.

"Bridget!" Poppy exclaimed, running towards her Bergen friend. "This is amazing!"

"Poppy!" Bridget replied as the Troll climbed up the tree's roots. "I am so glad to see you."

"I'm sorry, Bridget," Poppy apologized. "I was not being a good friend. I got so caught up in telling you what to celebrate, that I didn't even think about why."

"Oh, it's okay, Poppy," Bridget assured her. "You actually helped us. We realized that the holidays aren't about all that stuff."

"Right?!" Poppy agreed. "It's not about the glitter or the presents or the decorations, although... man, do I love decorations! But no, you're right, it's not about that. I'm learning as I go."

"Me, too," Bridget replied. "I think that the holidays are about celebrating the awesome things in life. And the super-awesome thing in our lives is our friendship with you guys... the Trolls."

"And a friendship like ours is definitely something worth celebrating," Poppy finished, and hugged Bridget's round face. The two then saw something incredible happen.

"Branch, you're smiling!" Poppy exclaimed.

"I am?" Branch asked, and noticed Flower nodding in delight. "I... I am! Wow! That's what this feels like."

"You have a very nice smile," Bridget pointed out.

"Thanks!" Branch replied. "Now I can't stop. Yeah, this is kinda starting to hurt."

Flower giggled as she hugged him.

"Happy Troll-A-Bration, everybody!" King Gristle cheered.

"This is really nice, Bridget," Poppy said. "I love it."

"And since we're celebrating the Trolls, I thought we could 'Troll it up' a little bit," Bridget added. "Hit it, Grissy!"

As colorful ice began to spread across the streets, King Gristle skated down it while playing his keyboard. Branch leaped onto the keyboard and began singing.

Holiday

Come on. (Holiday)

Celebrate (Celebrate)

Poppy hopped on Bridget's hand and the two joined in.

If we took a holiday

Took some time to celebrate

Just one day out of life

"Everybody, now!" Bridget announced as the rest of the Bergens joined them.

It would be

It would be so nice

Everybody spread the word

We're gonna have a celebration

A Caterbus flew in and crashed into the street, revealing the rest of Poppy's friends!

All across the world

In every nation

It's time for the good times

Forget about the bad times (Oh yeah!)

One day to come together to release the pressure

We need a holiday!

🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻

A couple hours later, while everyone was still celebrating, Branch couldn't seem to find Poppy or Flower anywhere. The only place he didn't look was at the base of the Troll Tree. When he got there, he found Poppy sound asleep under a mushroom with Flower lying on her chest. Branch chuckled and sat down next to them and stroked his daughter's face with one of his fingers.

"I told you you'd have fun," he whispered softly, and gently kissed her forehead. Branch then cupped Poppy's face with his hand and connected his lips to hers, but she was too exhausted to wake up and notice. Branch lied down and held them close.

The Bergens are happier than ever, Poppy's been with him for almost a year, Flower is free to live in a world of peace and harmony...

Branch definitely had a reason to smile.

🐛So happy holidays to all, and to all, a good night.
🔵Oh, there you are, Mr. Dinkles! Hang on, what are you wearing? Is that a pipe? Who gave Mr. Dinkles a pipe?!

We have got to get together...

Thus ends my second fanfic with little Flower (that doesn't mean I'm writing a third!).

I hope you enjoyed it. Live long and prosper. 🖖🏼