Troublesome Feelings

Adhi woke up to a terrible headache.
He briskly remembered drinking alcohol.
As his eyes opened completely, he realised being in Her room and suddenly a glass was forwarded in his direction.
" It's Lemon juice, your hangover will be cured like magic", she explained as he took the glass and gulped the content down his throat.
" And masa hasn't woken up yet, so you can go to your room", she stated smiling.
He looked at her a bit confused.
Wasn't she supposed to put him in trouble?
He shook off the useless thoughts and got up.
He was about to leave when his eyes fell on the familiar necklace adorning her neck.
It looked even more beautiful on her.But he remembered yesterday's events and felt even more confused.
" From where did it come? " he asked feigning ignorance.
" Sharad gave it to me, it's pretty! Right?" She chirped happily.
One look at her infectious smile and he lost the will to question further.
He needed to leave.
She was shining like the golden blazing sun.
And he was going to get burnt for sure.
As he left, Devi kept on smiling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adhi kept on twirling the pen in between his fingers.
He remembered the way in which his question was replied to.
Honestly.
She tried to hide nothing.
But why had Sharad given her such an expensive necklace!?
If only he could have heard their exchange!
*Sigh*
Sharad entered his cabin and started working on some files.
Adhi continued to stare at him.
Was Sharad...in Devi!
' Not possible... Just the day before yesterday, Sharad was teasing him about having feelings for Devi'
" I trust Sharad", he spoke with closed eyes though the face that flashed before his eyes belonged to someone else.
" Sharad"
"Ha bol"
" That necklace...to Devi..." Adhi spoke in bits and pieces unsure of how to present his query so as not to offend Sharad.
" She liked it,right? She was so happy, smiling like a little kid", Sharad exclaimed happily and Adhi remembered her infectious smile.
" Why did you give it to her?" Adhi asked.
" Arre vo toh kal sis..." Sharad paused in the middle.
Realization hit him.
He was being interrogated.
He turned around and said, " She is a very nice person and a good friend so..."
" Since when are you two friends"
" Since you got married ".
" Sharad!", Adhi spoke annoyed.
" What! " Sharad imitated him enjoying every bit of this insecure Adhiraj.
" Be serious, now tell me why?"
" Why should I?" Sharad shrugged his shoulders.
" Because I want to know"
" Why is that so?" Sharad quipped back.
If Adhi needed answers out of Sharad, he will have to be absolutely honest or there was no way Sharad was going to give in.
" Because I am troubled".
" Why?"
" I dunno"
" Do you like her?"
" I dunno".
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sharad got up from his seat, happy.
" Are you jealous?" He asked again to know if Adhi will backtrack from his response.
" I dunno".
" Insecure?"
" I dunno", Adhi replied again terribly confused.
Sharad smiled. Adhi wasn't denying it anymore.
" Don't you trust me?", he asked.
" I do. That's why..."
Adhi was interrupted as Sharad asked again.
" You think that she will entertain advances from other man?"
" Definitely not", Adhi replied quickly but then paused.
His mind was foggy but heart was crystal clear.
" Then why this doubt?"
" Because... She smiles with you...hugs you", Adhi spoke the last part in a barely audible whisper but Sharad heard it all.
" I am sure if you will stop being a douchebag with her, she will give you much more than just hugs", Sharad replied.
Adhi glared at Sharad who raised his hands in his defence.
" That necklace was a gift of sister's day, from a brother to a sister", Sharad spoke and was surprised to see the change in Adhi's expressions.
" You are smiling!" Sharad exclaimed.
" What? No...I am not smiling..." Adhi stammered trying to act stoic but failed miserably.
"So do you love her?"
" I dunno and it's better to keep it at that. She is enough of a heartache already. Anymore realization and I'll be doomed"
" " To be in Love is the best feeling in this world. You are getting a chance to live in this feeling", Sharad pointed.
" Maasa hates her from the bottom of her heart. If I were to fall for her, maasa won't approve of her and I don't want to have a heartbreak".
" Adhi, she is not your girlfriend...that your masa will refuse your alliance and get you married somewhere else. You are legally married. To fall in love with Your Wife is the best thing that can happen to anyone ".
" Maasa nhi maanegi", Adhi spoke frustrated.
" Don't worry about the future. Just go with the flow. When you'll fall in love, everything else will come naturally", Sharad advised patting on his shoulders.
Adhi sighed. However he felt butterflies somersaulting in his stomach on imagining Devi.
" Why will she like someone like me who tortured her so much?" Adhi spoke dejected.
Sharad chuckled inwardly. Adhi was too pessimistic for someone whose love interest was already in love with him.
" Do you want to hug Bhabhisa'?"
" Ke keh raha hai Sharad! " Adhi shouted.
" yes or no", Sharad asked.
Adhi paused.
He could distinctly remember the LONGING to embrace her every time she was close.
" It's done then".
And Sharad explained the very simple idea go Adhi.
" No ", Adhi shouted and moved back.
" That woman will never agree!"
" And what if she did".
" It's OK...I don't want to hug her"
" Soch lo, this is an excellent way to confirm your feelings and hers too", Sharad spoke.
Adhi looked on worried as Sharad left.