My Wife

The next morning as Devi entered his room to do her prayers, sight of his bare body greeted her.
She shrieked and turned around.
He got startled too.
"Ke saal rhayo hai?!" He shouted covering himself with towel.
She kept on standing like that as he came close behind her and saw her eyes closed.
" You can turn now ", he spoke up close.
She got startled and jumped.
And in the process hit his nose with her head.
" Choriii!" He spoke annoyed holding his nose.
" Sorry, sorry! Are you hurt somewhere!?" She panicked trying to see his nose.
" I am fine!Now please do your prayers!" He requested annoyed.
She pouted at his annoyance and nodded with a grumpy face.
Once done with her prayers, Devi came to apply tika on his forehead.
But while applying the tika, Devi put extra pressure which pushed his head back a bit.
He glared at her but she pouted and left.
" Ab ise ke ho gya?!" He spoke to no one, confused.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" Devi, you have gone mad! The muscles on his face are defective! He can't even flash a smile, always scowls!" Devi spoke in annoyance to no one.
" Bhabhisa'!"
Devi turned around startled but heaved a sigh of relief on seeing Sharad.
" You scared me", she pointed.
" sorry about that", he chuckled.
" Vo toh apne room mein hi honge", she spoke, thinking that Sharad must be looking for Adhiraj.
" I know but today I am here to meet you", he smiled.
" Why?" She asked confused.
" I have a gift for you", he spoke, forwarding a wrapped box.
" ye..." She drawed out perplexed.
" Today is sister's day. And I see a sister in you", he smiled.
She smiled back.
" of course, Adhiraj ka Bhai, mera Bhai", she chimed happily as she undid the wrappings.
Sharad smiled at her childishness.
Adhi was missing on the best moments of his life!
However Sharad had no clue that the aforementioned person was in the vicinity and was observing the exchange between the duo.
" It's beautiful ", Devi exclaimed on seeing a simple yet elegant diamond necklace.
" But it must be costly!" She spoke.
" Sisters have full right over their brother's earnings. I don't have a sister but from today onwards you are my sister ", he smiled.
" Even I don't have a brother. Finally I will have someone to tie rakhi to", Devi chimed happily.
" Thank-you so much for giving me another relation to cherish ", Devi spoke hugging him.
" It's my pleasure", he smiled.
But someone else scowled as the duo embraced.
"Vaise, jethanisa ko bhi dena chahie, sister's day gift", Devi spoke naughtily.
" nhi...vo...Kesar ji ko kaise...", Sharad fumbled over his words.
Devi chuckled.
" Maine Kesar jethanisa ka naam kb liya", she teased playfully.
" Ah! I remembered.. I have an important work ", he excused himself and left.
Devi kept on smiling seeing sharad's retreating silhouette.
However the man in shadows seethed seeing her smile.

Adhi made the day worse than hell for his employees.
He was mad.
At himself.
For feeling this way.
She was just a servant.
" she is my wife damnit", he roared and struck the table in full force.

Devi was going to sleep when the door to her room opened and Adhi entered.
" Do you need something? " she asked.
He took wobbly steps. She noticed the bottle in his hands and knew the reason.
He misstepped and would have broken his nose, had it not been for Devi who came to his aid.
" Aaram se!" She stated and supported him.
And Adhi only looked at her as she made him sit on the floor.
She caught hold of his bottle to snatch it away but he didn't let go and instead pulled her on himself.
She lost her balance and fell on him.
She looked into his eyes and for the first time he was not glaring at her.
She needed to get up.
She was treading dangerous waters.
As she tried to stand up, Adhi refuted her attempt by pulling her closer by firmly holding onto her waist.
" Aap...you are inebriated... " she stammered trying to release his hold.
But he didn't budge.
" I don't understand", he uttered as Devi stopped struggling in his hold and looked at him.
He looked lost.
Vulnerable.
Innocent.
Her breath hitched.
Shit
She was a goner.
" You are not supposed to matter, you are supposed to be a servant but..."
" But..." She asked.
" These big eyes of yours haunt me even in dreams ", he replied looking into her eyes.
" Your touch ignites inferno", he whispered caressing her face.
Her eyes closed involuntarily.
" It's strange, your teasing has become a habit that I look forward to", he spoke.
Smiling.
Sincerely.
Devi's heart thudded loudly in her chest.
She felt the blush creep up her face and covered her face.
He smiled with such innocence without a care in the world.
He looked adorably cute.
" I dunno why you make me feel the way I do but..."
" But..." She asked with abated breath.
He leaned closer towards her ears.
" But..."
" You are my wife", he whispered the last part in her ears and fell asleep on her shoulders.
Shock would be an understatement.
It almost sounded like a confession.
She gently withdrew from his embrace and made him lie on the floor.
She then very carefully sidelined the flick from his face and smiled.
" I wonder when did it happen", she whispered with a small smile, and lied next to him.