Chapter 5 - Battle Lines are Drawn

Norman was appalled at his own behaviour, but he couldn't seem to stop himself. There was something about this woman that stirred his emotions unlike anything he'd experienced. He knew part of his anger was the fact that he'd missed half the show because he couldn't quite stop himself from staring at her and watching her reaction to the music.

Her reaction now was much less euphoric, but no less captivating. Her cheeks had turned scarlet and her startlingly green eyes had narrowed. She was pissed and even though his overwhelming urge was to kiss her plump pink lips, he went with the other urge and poked the bear.

"Asshole... that's cute."

"Cute? That's all you have to say? How about 'oh, I'm so sorry for being a clumsy jerk and drowning you in red wine."

"Drowning? Come on, I didn't even spill the whole glass!"

"So what, you still managed to ruin my favorite shirt. What the hell am I supposed to do about getting my photo taken with the guys?"

"Not my problem."

The woman's eyes widened and she actually growled at him. She then looked around the room and spotted a bar at the far end. She stalked over, found a bottle of club soda, and in one quick motion, pulled the t-shirt over her head and doused the wine stain with most of the bottle. Norman felt his jaw drop as he watched her work on the stain. The first thing he noticed, oddly enough, was her belly button; it was an 'outie'. Second was her breasts, they were round and set high on her chest, which was covered in freckles. Her bra was startlingly white against her deeply tanned skin. Finally, he took note of her impressive muscle tone, apparent in her arms and mid-section.

Her head popped up as if she felt him staring. She looked from him over to Yaniv, who had a stunned look on his face as well. "Oh come on guys, you both look pretty damn old to be acting like it's your first time to see a woman in her bra. You probably both got your first peek in the Sears-Roebuck catalog."

When she was finished with the shirt, she took it and disappeared into the bathroom where they could hear the wall dryer turn on. After a few cycles, she reappeared wearing the t-shirt again. Throwing a scowl in the direction of Norman, she walked back over to where she hung her jacket and removed the drumstick to have it ready for the band's signatures.

Norman watched her sit in one of the arm chairs near the door. For some reason, knowing that she possessed the other drumstick set his teeth on edge. It was like they would be forever linked because of it. He would be reminded of her every time he looked at the souvenir from his time with Neil. When he came out of his own thoughts, he realized that Yaniv and the woman were talking.

"... and so I just decided to go for it and placed a bid big enough to hopefully guarantee I got one of the 20 seats." She snorted a laugh, and then continued. "Apparently I way overestimated the charitable spirit of the other RUSH fans, because I ended up more than double the next highest bidder."

"I heard Geddy call you in here. Is that part of the package?" Yaniv asked.

"Well, a meet and greet was part of it, but this private meeting was a little unexpected. I'm thrilled though, it's like a bucket list item coming to fruition." She answered, and then asked her own question. "Are y'all friends with the band?"

"I'm not, but Norm here spent some time with Neil the last couple of days."

She looked over at Norman and raised her eyebrow, and damn if he didn't feel a flutter in his stomach. "Oh yeah, so you and Neil know each other pretty well?"

"We filmed a segment for my show together this week; got to know each other pretty good."

"You have a television show?" She asked, and the surprise in her voice flared his temper, but before he could respond his – maybe former – friend burst out laughing. This time it was her face that showed confusion.

"Why is that so funny?" She asked.

"Be... because... you don't know who he is!"

"Am I supposed to?"

"Come on, now. He's Norman Reedus," he answered and at the total blank look on her face, he kept going. "You know, Daryl Dixon? No? Have you ever watched the Walking Dead?"

At that, some recognition lit up her face. "Oh, yeah, I think my daughter watches that show. Are you saying he's one of the characters on that show?" She asked and then looked over at Norman and tilted her head to the side as she studied him.

Against his better judgement, Norman reached up and removed his sunglasses and nearly missed her quick intake of breath. It wasn't recognition, but another emotion altogether that crossed her face. One he recognized... one that he tucked away for later use.

"Yeah, I'm one of the central characters. I also headline my own travel adventure show called 'Ride with Norman Reedus'."

"Wow, you must be some kind of hot shot, huh. I guess that explains the asshat behaviour."

Before he could respond, the door to the room opened and in walked Geddy, Alex, and Neil and the atmosphere, which had been thick with tension, suddenly got much lighter.