Prologue: My Life

High School was my other home, 'i love school'. It was perfect for me. I have the best of friends who would take a bullet for me 'well that's what i tell myself'. And also the just soo amazingly perfect boyfriend Rodney, 'he is just too cute'.
We did everything together at school, with my friends included of course. How we met? It was magical, it was back when i was new in this school, i had no idea what to do or where to go, i felt lost, looking confused rooted to a spot. That was when his magic hit me, his voice actually.
"You definitely are new here" I still remember the smile he had on his face when he said that.
"Am Rodney... Rodney Peters" I was lost in his gaze as i did not see his hand out for a shake. His face was flawless, and that smile ☺ that smile has got me hooked.
"You are cute" not realising i said that out loud.
"Well thank you" he said still smiling
Realising what i just said, i tried covering it up.
"No,no that's not what i meant to say....well.... you know...i mean" I kept quiet realising how stupid I sounded, not to mention i was practically red 😳.
"I see you've got your schedule"
"Yeah" i said still not able to look him in the eyes. 'I really am stupid'
"Well whats your first class?" He asked
"History"
"Cool, same with me. Come on let me show you around a little"
"Thanks" We were now walking towards the hall entrance. All the while i was still mumbling to myself how stupid I was to say that out loud.
"I still don't know what to call you" He spoke snapping me out of my thoughts. Realising what he said I spoke real quick, like I was sure I would loose him if i did not. 'Seriously, loose him? I just met him'
"Ashley" I was now ten times more red, I was just glad he did not notice, well maybe he did but just acted like he did not.
"Well Ashley, nice knowing you"
We kept on walking with him showing me the things and places that mattered. His words tho, not mine. He really was popular as I got to know with the constant greetings he got from friends, mostly females tho, and I hated it. 'Seriously what's wrong with me, jealousy, really'
The bell goes off ending our little tour
"Well, I'll see you back at class then, I gotta do something" He ran off before I could say anything, but appeared again, poking his head out from the corner like he was playing hide and seek. "And oh, just take a left and three steps forward, big one, but not too big, you'll find the class. Not easy to miss." Off he goes again and back again head alone, definitely scaring me this time. "You know what, just listen out for the class with the loudest sound". He winked this time before leaving. I looked like I was gonna explode right there. And that's how i got to meet my little Roddy_Bear 🙈🙊🙈.

***
Like i said earlier, my life is so much fun, my family is the best, we were never far apart, our communication was perfect, we talk about everything about everything, and i mean everything. But not as much as i do with my bro Jason. Jason is two years older than I am, 'I'm sixteen'. We do everything together, some who don't know us calls us lovers, but who cares. I love my bro and he does too, so we don't care what they say. Best part, he likes Rodney and he is okay with us being together, which came as a surprise to me at first, since i was practically expecting him to react badly when i told him, but he just kept his cool and said
"Rodney Peters huh, cool, but he better not hurt you or he'll have to answer to me big time"
Jason is the best, always ready to protect his little sister, I don't want it to change, I love being his little doll.
My life was 100% fine and perfect, everything kept going well for me, friends and family until the devil came knocking.