Chapter Four

I bit back my scream and fell to my knees. Before I hit the ground though, his arms stopped me and pulled me up to cradle me against his chest. He pressed his lips to my head and I lost it. My legs gave out and I started hyperventilating. My whole form was vibrating. He leaned down and took my face in his hands and looked into my eyes with concern. His silver eyes were penetrating my very soul. He looked at me with such concern that I was beginning to question the stories that I had heard as a little girl. The ones where the werewolf is cold and heartless. In this moment I almost forgot that he wasn't human. Almost.

Then he slowly leaned in and my heart and breathing sped up. I backed away and shrieked. He came behind me and wrapped an arm around my waist, plastering me to his body. His other hand came up and covered my mouth. I bit down super hard like I normally do to keep myself from screaming. When I released I felt blood pour into my mouth. He just grunted in pain but never loosened his hold. He held me until I went slack in his arms and just dissolved into tears. We sank to the floor and he still held me crying body against his strong one. When I had just started hiccuping instead of hysteria, he took my face in his hands and gazed at me.

"What are you going to do to me?"

"Nothing I promise. I will always protect you from any harm" He says. "You will always be safe, I promise."

"How do I know that I can trust you?" I had heard too many horrible, nasty things about him to change my mind now.

" You're right how can you trust me?" He muttered, more to himself than me.

Then he pushed me up against the stone wall of the cave. He slid my arms above my head and held them together in one hand while the other hand slid down to my face. His hips were pressed against mine and I could feel his excitement. I squirmed but he held fast.

"How about this? If you let me kiss you now, then I will back off. I won't let you go but I will do everything in my power to make you happy here with me. If you refuse my kiss then I get to do whatever I want with you. What do you say?" He bargained.

I paused. I had never heard of the wolf making a bargain but I wasn't so sure that I could trust him just yet. Yet to refuse his offer would be to refuse a little breathing space. But if I trust him and he turns out to be lying then I am so totally screwed. so I gave him my answer.

"No you cannot have a kiss. I don't trust you. You have wrecked havoc over my town for many centuries." I said defiantly.

"Alright. I did give you a choice. Don't say that I didn't warn you." He said with a wicked smile.

He turned away from me for a moment and I knew that I had chosen wrong. He was going to do what ever he wanted and I wouldn't be able to stop him. He turned back around and picked me up bridal style and carried me to a little "room" in the back of the cave. there was a bed in the room and it was a normal bed too. He tossed me down onto the bed and got on top of me. I quickly rolled to my stomach and tried to scooch out from underneath him. He was faster though and turned me over underneath him. then he leaned down and captured my lips with his. His mouth was cool and tasted like peppermint and winter.

He broke away from my lips and kissed his way down my jaw, to the base of my throat. Where my shoulder meets my neck is where  he stopped. he kissed it several times before he plunged his teeth into my soft skin. I screamed and struggled in his arms but he just lay there and continued to bite me. Then he let go and moved so that he hovered over my body. His lower half was still pressed against me so it prevented any escape. He brought his face closer to mine and then brought his lips to my ear.

"You are mine. You will stay here with me and be happy. I will love you forever and will never let you go."

"Oh yeah? Well what will happen if your cave gets discovered?" I taunted.

He laughed and shook his head at my words.

"You silly girl. Others will never figure out where we are. It is so hidden into this mountain. Did you even know it was here? I thought not." He said as I shook my head.

"Why do you believe that you are so untouchable? Nobody except God is untouchable. I would think that even you should know that." I spit.

"Well, Love, it does depend on which God you believe in. I don't believe in any God. Not since the-" Then he cut off as if choking on the words. After that he  just quit talking. No matter how hard I would try I couldn't get him to say another word.

I finally just gave up and got up to go explore the cave. It was a big cave but you would have never guessed that from the inside. It was decorated just like a house. Candles lit the room and cast everything into a nice dim light that was not too harsh on your eyes but not too dim. The room was obviously the lounge for it had a big couch and books all over the room. The next room was a spare room, for whom I had no clue.

"This is your room, for now. When you are ready you will move into mine and we will sleep together every night." He said.

"Yeah right. You can just keep on dreaming. There is no way that I am sleeping with a jerk whose name I don't even know and let's not forget that you killed my best friend. So kiss those dreams goodbye because you cannot win me over." I screamed

"Look I didn't kill your friend. I tried to help him. There was a regular wolf in that cave that night. I was there to eat my latest kill. He appeared because of the blood. He and I got into a fight over the carcass when those men showed up. I turned and ran but he had rabies which made him stupid and attack the boy. I pounced on the wolf but by the time that I got him off your friend was dead. Your townsfolk came then so I ran but not before I shifted back and told him that I loved you. His last words were that I could have you just so long as I didn't hurt you. I did try to save him but I just couldn't. I'm so sorry." He said.

"Loic would have never given me over to a man who is supposed to be a murderer. Besides I don't even know your name." I said shakily

"My name is Slade Shalise. and I don't murder. Well if you count animals then yes I do but I do not harm people. I made an agreement with the people of your village and I will honor it as long as they do."

"Well you didn't honor it. You killed my friend Natalie. Do you remember that because I do."

He looked at me in horror.

"I didn't kill her. There have been rumors that a new wolf is in town. He must have been the one to kill your friend."

"You are indeed right Shalise. I am the new wolf in town and I did kill her. Stupid little screaming, whining girl. The world is better without her. Don't you think so Little Girl?" A voice said from the entrance of the cave.