Chapter XXIX: Christmas

Start from the beginning

You heard laughter from just outside your room. You quickly released Noctis and watched Vanitas and Sora enter your room. Vanitas placed his hand on top of your head and ruffled it just like Noctis did.

"What else are you supposed to focus on what your dead beat father comes in and kidnaps you?" Vanitas asked.

You fixed your hair and pouted, but then giggled and shrugged your shoulders. "I mean, that's a good point. BUT at the same time I should have stood up to him."

Sora shoved his brother away from you and gave you a huge hug. "You did just fine {Y/N}! We all love you! Never forget that."

"I love you guys too."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"{Y/N}! Wake up! Are you ready to experience your first Christmas?"

Your eyes slowly opened to reveal an excited Tifa. She wore what she called a "chocobo onesie", the hood was up and her hair was hidden away inside the suit. You smiled a bit and yawned, sitting up to stretch.

"The Fair's will be here soon! Get up up up so you can open your presents!"

Throwing the blankets off of you, you rushed to the living room and sat on the couch where Noctis was sitting. He handed you {Favorite Kind Of Muffin} and you joyfully nibbled it.

"Excited for your first, real Christmas?" He joked.

With a mouth full of muffin, you nodded and told him, "Yes!" He laughed just as a knock on the door was heard. As Tifa went to answer it, a sleepy Cloud emerged from the kitchen with a cup of coffee. Tifa seemed to force him into a camouflage onesie, for he was tugging at it a bit as if he didn't enjoy it very much.

"Dad you look ridiculous." Noctis said.

"Shut up." Cloud replied, taking a sip of his coffee and plopping himself on the floor. 

 "Merry Christmas!" Sora was shouting and rushing up the stairs, jumping into your lap and hugging you. The joy in his eyes was impeccable. Vanitas tore his younger brother off of you and handed you a small, but very nicely wrapped box to you.

"That is the very last gift to open today." Vanitas ordered. "I was instructed to tell you to only open it later tonight, preferably at nighttime."

"Vannyyyyy I wanted to hug {Y/N}!" Sora whined as he tried to hug you again.

Vanitas held his brother down on the floor and forced him to stay down. "You're annoying." He grumbled.

Sora pouted and struggled against his brothers strong grip. He only released when Aerith scolded him.

"Come on everyone it's time to open gifts. I'm sure the kids are anxious to know what they got." Zack encouraged everyone to gather around in the living room. You placed the small, red box with a silver bow aside and sat on the floor inbetween the two brothers. Noctis stayed seated on the couch while the other adults all took a seat on the furniture as well, letting the children and Denzel gather on the floor. You anxiously awaited with your legs crossed. You were nervous, but also excited to open your gifts this year. Now that you were with your real family, you couldn't wait. However you felt a little bad for not being able to get anyone anything considering you were without money.

'Once I get a job, I'm spoiling everyone with gifts.' You thought to yourself.

"Obviously, considering we have a new guest of honor, {Y/N} is going to open her gifts first." Zack announced.